Some info/rumours on the new Best Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
Just in case you haven?t checked U2log.com lately...

U2Swisshome.com has big news regarding U2's upcoming 'Best of' album and single releases.

16 September 2002: new U2 single released to radio
21 October 2002: new U2 single - commercial release
11 November 2002: new U2 'Best Of' compilation released as double CD set. The first CD will include 17 tracks, including the brandnew U2 single as well as another new track. The bonus disc will feature rarities and b-sides from the 90's
18 November 2002: new U2 'Best Of' compilation released as standard single-disc edition.
early December 2002: new U2 "Best Of 1990 - 2000" DVD release. This DVD will include the video clips to all tracks from the CD as well as special features.

I hope it?s more than rumors...:up:

Now it comes all that anticipation again :D Great! ;)

Excellent, hope it's true. Well actually I hope it's a lie and the true release dates are much earlier.

Swan269 said:
now its time to guess the 17 songs!

or 15 (two new ones excluded)

heh, i'm game:

in no particular order....

1. night and day
2. even better than the real thing
3. the fly
4. one
5. who's gonna ride your wild horses
6. mysterious ways
7. numb
8. lemon
9. stay (faraway, so close!)
10. miss sarajevo
11. hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me
12. discotheque
13. staring at the sun
14. if god will send his angels
15. please

:eyebrow:

Great info follower, and as far as I know is pretty accurate, about the 15...her I go:

1.One
2.The Fly
3.Mysterious ways
4.Even Better Than The Real Thing
5.Who's Gona Ride Your Wild Horses
6.Stay
7Numb
8:Lemon
9.Disotheque
10.Staring at the Sun
11.Last Night On Earth
12.Please
13.If God will send his angels
14.Mofo
15. HMTMKMKM

I guess I don't like some, but I think it will be like this

So thankfully it appears to be a 1990-2000 one. Stateless will probably be a hidden track then.

The most intriguing part is that, save the video and a special performance of the new track, the band "won't be available for any further promotion". Appears they indeed are recording a new album.

rafmed said:
Great info follower, and as far as I know is pretty accurate, about the 15...her I go:

1.One
2.The Fly
3.Mysterious ways
4.Even Better Than The Real Thing
5.Who's Gona Ride Your Wild Horses
6.Stay
7Numb
8:Lemon
9.Disotheque
10.Staring at the Sun
11.Last Night On Earth
12.Please
13.If God will send his angels
14.Mofo
15. HMTMKMKM

I guess I don't like some, but I think it will be like this

I agree with 14 of your 15.
Although I love MOFO, I think the only non single that will be included (like the first best of had 'Bad', which is a fan fav and a great live song).
I'll go with another fan fav that the band seem to love to play live, UTEOTW!!!!!!!

Angel, I posted the link from U2News forum as well, but the other news are from other fan sites...not regular midia. I thought U2News forum worked like U2News.com, I mean, no edition of news, no production of news, only links to news sites. Could you clarify things a little? :confused:

;)

Last edited:
follower said:
Angel, I posted the link from U2News forum as well, but the other news are from other fan sites...not regular midia. I thought U2News forum worked like U2News.com, I mean, no edition of news, only links to news sites. Could you clarify things a little? :confused:

;)

Actually, we're not directly linking to news sites anymore.. we're pasting articles directly into the Forum to allow for discussion of news. From time to time, I create original Interference.com news articles with Interference.com as the source. Rumors are welcome as long as they sound reasonable :)

It looks like they are really holding back on Zooropa. I might bet on the inclusion of "Dirty Day". But that's just bias, it's my favorite song from the album!!

verte76 said:
It looks like they are really holding back on Zooropa. I might bet on the inclusion of "Dirty Day". But that's just bias, it's my favorite song from the album!!

I would doubt on Dirty Day's inclusion. It wasn't a single.
I think they are going for the Greatest Hits from their Singles on this partic. ompilation.

HelloAngel said:

I would doubt on Dirty Day's inclusion. It wasn't a single.
I think they are going for the Greatest Hits from their Singles on this partic. ompilation.

You're probably right, but damn, if there were a poll I'd put it in.

verte76 said:

Yup, it?s my fave as well...in fact it became my fave after I bought the Sydney video...Dirty Day is the highlight of the video for me. Not likely that it will be on the new Best Of...:(

from the last FOUR albums

The article says from the last 4 albums, plus Passengers... that means... ATYCLB songs will be on it...:madspit: Hmmm my guesses

No particular order

new song a
new song b
One
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until the End of the World
Lemon
Numb
Stay
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Miss Sarajevo
Please
Staring at the Sun
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Walk On

Re: from the last FOUR albums

UnforgettableLemon said:
The article says from the last 4 albums, plus Passengers... that means... ATYCLB songs will be on it...:madspit: Hmmm my guesses

No particular order

new song a
new song b
One
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until the End of the World
Lemon
Numb
Stay
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Miss Sarajevo
Please
Staring at the Sun
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment
Walk On

I think your list is very accurate - but I'd take out "Until..."
and add "EBTTRT" and "WGRYWH."

According to LAUNCH, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me and Miss Sarajevo will definitely be on the CD. Woo!

Also, it says something about the DVD including "unseen videos." Sounds intriguing. I hope they mean "unseen by anyone outside of U2," not "unseen by the majority of fans."

Re: Re: from the last FOUR albums

HelloAngel said:

I think your list is very accurate - but I'd take out "Until..."
and add "EBTTRT" and "WGRYWH."

Only 17 songs, that would make 18... plus WGRYWH wasn't exactly huge. I can see replacing it with Even Better, though. I just picked UTEOTW because it's one of the ones that survived after 3 tours.

Mirrorball Girl said:
According to LAUNCH, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me and Miss Sarajevo will definitely be on the CD. Woo!

I hope so.
*still cant belive new single is released on my birthday.* :D

I have a question...does anybody know if Eno and Lanois are involved in this next U2 release? I mean, the selection of material and stuff...

U2-The-Best-of-1991-2001

1.Mysterious_Ways
2.HMTMKMKM
3.Stuck_in_a_Moment
4.One
5.The_Fly
6.Beautiful_Day
7.Discotheque
8.Stay(Faraway,So_Close)
9.Even_Better_Than_The_Real_Thing
10.Elevation
11.Staring_at_the_Sun
12.Numb
13.Who's_Gonna_Ride_Your_Wild_Horses
14.Miss_Sarejevo
15.Walk_On

Re: Re: Re: from the last FOUR albums

UnforgettableLemon said:
The article says from the last 4 albums, plus Passengers... that means... ATYCLB songs will be on it...:madspit:

Feck! Feck! Feck!
*stomps on floor
*throws lemons
*pounds on wall

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! :scream: They can't include ATYCLB!

UnforgettableLemon said:

Only 17 songs, that would make 18... plus WGRYWH wasn't exactly huge. I can see replacing it with Even Better, though. I just picked UTEOTW because it's one of the ones that survived after 3 tours.

I don't think that UTEOTW will be included just because it has survived after 3 tours. I mean, Bullet the Blue Sky is a concert cornerstone, and it wasn't included in the 1980-1990 Greatest Hits.

Re: Re: Re: Re: from the last FOUR albums

kariatari said:
They can't include ATYCLB!
personally I hoped they wouldn't
but I don't think there's enough material on achtung baby - pop for a real "greatest hits" record

ATYCLB to be included!!!?!?!?!?!?! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

First of all there is enough material achtung - pop to make a greatest hits. No one says they have to have 17 songs on the album. Make it 14 with 2 new songs included. That means with Hold Me THrill me and Miss S., they would only need 10 songs from Achtung - Pop to comprise the album. 5 singles from Achtung Baby, Lemon and Stay, Disco, Staring, and Please rounds it out.

To me they are not gaining any sales by including the latest singles. People are burnt out on those songs right now. If they wanted to own them, they probably already bought the album within the last year or two. This also stunts future sales for ATYCLB. Why would the casual listener buy ATYCLB when they have all the big singles plus other 90's greatest hits on the Best of...?

And lastly, They are working on a new album right now. That album may have no hits on it, or just one or two. then how many more albums will U2 make? 2 more, for a total of three, before 2010? Maybe a total of 4 if they are lucky. They would have to have at least 3 to 4 hits off each album to comprise yet another Best Of... album. This is VERY wishful thinking. By keeping ATYCLB off of this one, they are sitting there with FOUR guaranteed hit songs to include on a future Best of...

Stupid move in my opinion.

i hope they put the ground beneath her feet somewhere on this best of collection....maybe as the hidden track....cause us north american fans didn't get it on atyclb and we had to go by the million dollar hotel sdtk to get it.

also it would be nice since they're releasing a shit load of stuff anyway that they could release the dvd's of popmart, zoo tv and the 80's video collection....just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom