Some info from zooitalia.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
A source named Matteo has reportedly heard a song from the new album in France which is possibly the new single. He described as a very melodic song, with a "Electrical Storm" influence.

I love the crap descriptions we get as well "sounds like Electrical Storm" Can we get someone who know something about music to give a propper description? Fast, Slow, Strong Verse, Big Chorus, anything at all.

these chat rooms will make you mental after a while. if you look away from your computer and the wall becomes blue, it's time to log off for the day.....

Numb1075 said:
these chat rooms will make you mental after a while. if you look away from your computer and the wall becomes blue, it's time to log off for the day.....

lol - unfortunately our wall is blue already so there's no hope for me... :huh:

If someone were able to hear a new U2 song, why on earth wouldn't they ask "What's this called?". I know I would.

Especially if it were the single. How would they know it's the single and not even know the name of the song?

Why don't these people remember any lyrics? They walk into U2's studio, mind you, and emerge not knowing any lyrics and not able to give us a useful description of what they heard. Do they get sprinkled with magic fairy dust or what?!

Rachel D. said:
Why don't these people remember any lyrics? They walk into U2's studio, mind you, and emerge not knowing any lyrics and not able to give us a useful description of what they heard. Do they get sprinkled with magic fairy dust or what?!

I can only speak from my experience......
Put yourself in that position, you are in a mixing room for a small amount of time, and for that whole period Bono is talking, telling you how the studio works and what normally goes on in that particular room. It would be pretty diffucult (and rude) to say, "Oi! hang on a minute Bono - I'm trying to listen to this tune!".. once you are in another room you can't hear as clearly as each room is soundproofed. The music in that room isn't very loud anyway.

And yes I'm sure others can testify that when you leave the studio you are kinda 'zapped' in a 'did that really just happen?' way...so remebering details is harder that you might think.....

Cheers,
Jim

..and believe it or it's not everybody's perogative to use the situation to get lyrics or song names to pass on to members of a U2 forum.

If you are unhappy with the questions that people do or don't ask or the wording of their descriptions then I would suggest you head over to Dublin and do it yourself.. it's not obligatory to share this stuff (and in may case get accused of being a liar) so be grateful!!

Jim, I couldn't agree more. I would imagine that if I were you that day, in the studio, I'd walk out and need a paper bag to hyper-ventalate into. Once done, I'd be shaking like a paint mixing machine, and memory, what is that??....I'd be useless.

This was a dude in France who was invited to listen to the single by Bono at his summer house. He was among a group of the towns people I guess. Crappy description anyway.

U2 Vertigo

Interesting info from atu2.com...looks like new album could be Vertigo

End the spinning, dizziness and
motion sickness guaranteed

If this is the title of the album and the above are symptoms of vertigo...then this should be a great record

Back
Top Bottom