Some help with Bonos sunglasses :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
Hi
I am doing a project ATM which includes having Bono advertise some glasses (its all theory)

Anyone know what brands of glasses Bono wears now - and past ones he has worn (and when)

Does he actually have a medical reason to wear glasses so much, or is it just for the cool factor?

And, I know these glasses are quite expensive ($300+ i have heard) - but how could Bono go about advertising them - I cant see TV ads for them but I do see magazine ads, and more importantly selling them during the world tour, perhaps with a voucher to people who attend concerts or something (and you just know theres laods of crazy U2 fans who would wnat those glasses)

Thanks........ I think I saw him wear D&G glasses recently...just need a brand that I can attch him to...

i know the blue shades of the elevation era were bvlgari......

Last edited:
The one from ATYCLB era (the cover art of the album, the Beautiful Day video, Walk On single cover, Sightings of Bono etc) is the FLY #5 from Black Flys.

He got them all at K-Mart

When U2 kicked off POPMART at a K-mart store in the U.S., Bono's shopping cart was full of different color sunglasses, among other things. He really stocked up, so my bet is that he's still raiding his stash from the K-Mart shopping spree to keep looking fresh in new color and style shades.

Back
Top Bottom