Some Days Are Better Than Others appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I love this song.
Bono's ironic lyrics.
Larry's sort of trashy/ant-like drumbs.
Edge in general.
But most of all Adam's bass.

This is an overlooked masterpiece.

And the funny part is that everyone hates it.

I don't hate it but it's definitely my least favorite song on Zooropa, I think. This one or Babyface. But I love that 'catchy as hell' percussion and that weird buzzing guitar bridge! The lyrics could've been better.

Just like Bono describes in "Into the Heart," it's a fun pop song. Take it at that, and you'll love it. :yes:

"Some days you feel ahead, you're making sense of what she said."

That's pure lyric brilliance.
You must see it.

God Part III said:

I think it's the "poppiness" that makes it uncool to like it.

Count me as uncool. :cool:

My least favorite track on Zooropa, but it's not horrible.

I do love the line "Some days have bouncers that won't let you in."

... and wow, my 2000th post is about a song I don't like that much. :lol:

I don't hate it at all. It's not a personal favourite, but it's ok. Yeah, maybe great, if you see it only as a funny pop song.

Although I prefer Babyface and The Playboy Mansion much more. Those songs... yes, those songs are the really underrated ones.

This was actually my first favourite song on 'Pop'. Yes, 'Pop'. Funny story: when I bought Pop, the people at the store put the Zooropa CD in the case by accident, but I obviously didn't know that because there's no identifying mark on the Zooropa CD! Now, I was really excited about hearing the original Gone as I loved the New Mix, so I went straight to track seven ... and was completely baffled! Then I fell in love with this totally different, completely random non-Gone song. A couple of days later, I went back to the shop and managed to get Pop's CD in the Zooropa case to get everything in order!

Axver said:
This was actually my first favourite song on 'Pop'. Yes, 'Pop'. Funny story: when I bought Pop, the people at the store put the Zooropa CD in the case by accident, but I obviously didn't know that because there's no identifying mark on the Zooropa CD! Now, I was really excited about hearing the original Gone as I loved the New Mix, so I went straight to track seven ... and was completely baffled! Then I fell in love with this totally different, completely random non-Gone song. A couple of days later, I went back to the shop and managed to get Pop's CD in the Zooropa case to get everything in order!

Cool story. :)

How long did it take you to buy Zooropa after that? :eyebrow:

LemonMelon said:

Cool story. :)

How long did it take you to buy Zooropa after that? :eyebrow:

Actually, here's the funny part - I ripped the store off AUS$11. Pop was $20 (equivalent to about US$15.20) but Zooropa was bizarrely $31 (US$23.60).

So I bought Pop for $20 and got Zooropa's CD, right? I went back to the store, and with some quick talking, managed to persuade them to give me the Pop CD in Zooropa's case for just $20. So instead of paying $51 for Pop and Zooropa, I paid $40 and technically bought Pop twice!

the bass is great!!!

and Bukowski's
"those days run away like horses over the hill"

is a great line!!

and "I had a starring role/I was the bad guy who walked out" always made me laugh!!

lady luck said:
the bass is great!!!

and Bukowski's

is a great line!!

and "I had a starring role/I was the bad guy who walked out" always made me laugh!!

Thats Dirty Day:wink:

lady luck said:
the bass is great!!!

and Bukowski's

is a great line!!

And, if I'm not mistaken that's not a Bukowski line. I think that 'horses' line comes from an old Hank Williams song.

God Part III said:
I love this song.
Bono's ironic lyrics.
Larry's sort of trashy/ant-like drumbs.
Edge in general.
But most of all Adam's bass.

Agree with everything you said. :drool:

"some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy"
"your skin is white but you think you're a brother"

Bono at his best :rockon:

I hate to be on a negative roll, but put in Zooropa today for the first time in a long time, and I would have to rate Some Days as among the worst U2 songs ever. Stay is beautiful though!

i love DGPFYCC...great funky bass line :up:...funny lyrics...
I LOVE ZOOROPAand i love U2 of the 90s :applaud:

U2Kitten said:
I would have to rate Some Days as among the worst U2 songs ever.

Argh.
And Drowning Man is a good song, right?

I think Zooropa is U2's most alternative album and most people don't know how great it is simply because they've stopped listening too early.

Believe me, I hated this song when I first heard it, but it's brilliant. Really.

"your skin is white but you think your a brother"
Makes me laugh all the time....

I really love this song the lyrics ring true in so many situations!!!
Yea, when i first heard it I was like " WHAT?" but after a few listens i loved it!!!!

"Somedays you use more force than is necessary" :wink:

Back
Top Bottom