somber U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Playboy Mansion cuz it has that soothing riff, and I just relax and just reminisce about the day thatz passed b4 me

For me it'd either be Stay or New Year's Day.

The minor key in New Year's Day and the drubbing baseline gets me thinking about rainy, cold nights in winter.

One Tree Hill sometimes puts me in a sombre mood. Indeed, it puts me in a lot of moods. It's the only song that regularly brings me to tears.

The album version of Exit. It's terribly depressing. But in a good way. :wink: It often moves me to tears, it's that dark.

So Cruel - one of Bono's best lyrics. this is a song to play for your ex-girlfriends and during bad break ups :(

I don't know...Love is blindness, maybe.

Lately, the lyrics in One step closer creep me out...try listening to that one right after sunset.

Somber:
Elvis Presley and America
Mothers of the Disappeared

Uplifting:
Walk On
A Sort of Homecoming

Sad, but Beautiful:
One
Running to Stand Still

Feel Good Inside:
Beautiful Day
Vertigo

Feeling Dirty/Nasty:
Discoteque
Even Better than the Real Thing
Salome

Can't think of any more emotions

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe 'Stateless' hasn't been mentioned. This really puts me in a somber mood. Others:

Hands that Built America
Miss Sarajevo
Corpse...okay, most of the stuff on Passengers...
If God Will Send His Angels

I think the two albums that are the most chill are Passengers and Zooropa. I used to listen to those back to back all the time.

But, Stateless puts me in a somber mood and Corpse is just haunting.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress, solely based on the dreary vibe of it all. Severely.:sad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom