soing of the day 10/26: I threw a brick through a window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I was talking
I was talking to myself
Somebody else
Talk talk talking
I couldn't hear a word
A word you said

He was my brother
I said there was no other
Way out of here
Be my brother
Gotta get out
Gotta get out

I was walking
I was walking into walls
I'm back again
I just keep walking
I walk into a window
To see myself
And my reflection
When I thought about it
My direction
Going nowhere
Going nowhere

No one...no one is blinder
Than he who will not see
No one...no one is blinder
Than me

I was talking
I was talking in my sleep
I can't stop talking
I'm talking to you
It's up to you

Be my brother
There is another way out of here
In my brother
Gotta get out
Gotta get out
Gotta get out of here

I've never knoown all the words to this song, but as far as the vocal, melody and playing-- it's still one of my favs, ever!

I had it taped off the radio for years, after I had to leave a lot of stuff {including around 100 vinyl albums}behind in an move I had to make. I even left most of all of my fav bands/artists albums, took a one or 2 each of my favs that my sib would store for me.

So I no longer even knew the name of this song, or which of the early albums it was on- but I still knew & loved it because I'd come across it on one of my 'playing DJ' tapes.
Finally last year i bought WAR & Oct on CD and refouund what it actually was. :wink:still remains a real U2fav with me.

Some one on IntFnc once made a 'imaginary video' challange to do songs that never had a vid. I didn't even have cable/mtv at that time I had it after War came out, so i don't know if it has a vid. But It's one I still play with visually to come up w one.

I also have "a Celebration' on several tapes, since it was played on new wave/alt music radio in nyc at the time it was out.

Last edited:
This might be one of the more overlooked songs in the u2 collection but its a work of art.

I love the obscure lyrical structure of the song andthis is Edge's song, the guitar is absolutely amazing.

I think it would have sounded better straight after gloria instead of I fall down, but thats just what i reckon. Still love the song though

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom