SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
BxmmHjTIAAAmgQf.jpg

It says:

With the backing of Universal Music Argentina, which publishes U2 records for Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, we can report that we have official confirmation on the release date "SONGS OF INNOCENCE" in our country.
It will be published on October 13.

The album will be released on both CD format presentations
- STANDARD: Simple Edition with 24-page booklet with photos, lyrics. etc. ..

- DELUXE EDITION: Limited Edition Double CD presented with gatefold cover. The disc will contain about a dozen additional songs. 4 Bonus Tracks, along with a handful of acoustic versions of songs from the album.
'Lucifer's Hands'
'The Crystal Ballroom'
'The Troubles (Alternative Version)'
'Sleepe Like A Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective by Tchad Blake Mix)'

- VINYL: Double LP on White Vinyl, includes double cover (gatefold) and an Exclusive Remix of 'The Crystal Ballroom'.
Is not yet clear if it will be available in the territory.

As a surprise we anticipate that, thanks to Universal Music Argentina, will have copies to draw between the followers of our Facebook page and our Twitter

On the other hand, we know that the band will begin the tour in early 2015 and will be Global.

The band will tour Latin America, not only in Argentina, Chile and Brazil will be included in the relevant section, Peru and Colombia may have their own dates debut.

So, there's that :applaud:

I hope other Latin American countries get shows. They deserve it!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How do we know that? According to that release it said "about a dozen additional songs"

I didn't get the impression that it was just the ones named..

I read it as a dozen extra songs: 4 "bonus tracks" + 8 acoustic versions. Would be odd for them not to advertise Invisible since it's a known track.

Hope I'm wrong.

Being that there are no clunkers on this album, 2 things are possible:

1) These new songs are the 2 clunkers ;)

2) these songs are going to follow suit and be pretty good to great songs (I think more likely the case)

I'm not interested in the acoustic versions of the songs but I am very interested in the Sleep Like a Baby remix. Being that it's the "Alternative perspective" remix, does that mean the lyrics will be different from the perspective of the victim? Excited to find out...I LOVE this song.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I'm actually really looking forward to these acoustic tracks. If they're of the caliber of acoustic stuck, then this will be a real treat.

Just as I implored people on the Vertigo tour to ask members of the band in person about the fate of Mercy, I hope someone who meets them soon asks WTF is going on with Invisible, especially as we were only given an "edit" back in February.

How many times do we have to make the same point? Invisible is about Bono leaving his home after arguing with his father, and trying to assert his individuality w/r/t starting this new band.

It fit perfectly with the "innocence" theme of this album, and won't make any sense on an album about "experience" unless it's altered drastically.

None of these fit with the theme with the exception of North Star.

Those songs will be on Songs of Decline the follow up to Songs of Ascent. SOD will cover the period of the 00's.

Please let Invisible die a quick death and fade into our distant memories never to be spoken of again. Blech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom