SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read more carefully you would understand that the "shut up" came from the PM a mod sent, not the public post. Stop twisting words and a harmless discussion on U2's album release into something to boost your own ego, and grow up a bit.

"As for "no one said shut up", go back and read the posts in the thread about The Troubles and then correct yourself. In fact, in that thread a mod publicly admonished me and asked to drop the subject,"

You said, "in that thread..."

You're just a liar.

And the truth is I remember who you are now. You should have been banned years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"As for "no one said shut up", go back and read the posts in the thread about The Troubles and then correct yourself. In fact, in that thread a mod publicly admonished me and asked to drop the subject,"

You said, "in that thread..."

You're just a liar.

And the truth is I remember who you are now. You should have been banned years ago.

Get a life, you have no clue who I am, and never will, and you should be banned for falsely calling people liars and stirring up trouble in an otherwise harmless discussion on the album track list. Maybe you need this sort of stuff to entertain yourself, I don't know, but I come here only to discuss U2. I'll leave it at that and won't post about this anymore.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Niceman. I've never found him to be anything other than pleasant and, well, nice. On this occasion he latched so tightly onto a theory that was wildly speculative and reported it as the truth. When he was called on it, he dug his heels in, and constantly changed his story to twist out of it, rather than admitting it was a wildly speculative theory. He did himself no favours, and I don't think you can automatically blame the people who scrutinised his assertions. There are a number of lurkers and part time posters here who take the word of established members as gospel, and it would be misleading to let it go when someone reports unsubstantiated nonsense as fact.

I don't agree with your characterization of the conversation, but I'm not going to get into it. We both know it's not worth it.

Look, we're all arguing over a feast. Let's just let it go - all of us. We're crazy lucky to be getting all of this material, whatever is or isn't part of the album doesn't matter so much compared to all of this. We'll be in a much better position a month from now to agree we were all wrong. :wink:

Can't we save our strength to fight the assholes who want to burn U2 at the stake because they don't understand the difference between a track being in their cloud and one downloaded forcibly without lube onto their phones? :wink:

Can't we save our strength to fight the assholes who want to burn U2 at the stake because they don't understand the difference between a track being in their cloud and one downloaded forcibly without lube onto their phones? :wink:

:up:

So, the alternative version of EBW will be titled 'Every Waking Brave', a song about the plight of the native american, many of whom live their lives in poverty, shame, and squalor on govt land, typically in a drunken stupor, neglect, gambling, and domestic violence abound. Joy!

Looks like Amazon US has removed all versions of Soi from the site. I have all 3 ordered, and can see them in my orders page, but clicking on any of them gets an error that the pages no longer exist.

Looks like Amazon US has removed all versions of Soi from the site. I have all 3 ordered, and can see them in my orders page, but clicking on any of them gets an error that the pages no longer exist.

Ugh! Figures after I place my order they are taken off.

It seems certain that Amazon WILL carry the album. They may just be doing some negotiation or getting product details.

None of my orders have been cancelled.

Yeah, probably on the pricing I guess, as the Barnes and Noble listing is relatively cheaper.

Australian release date confirmed as 10/10/14 on JB HiFi's website. This would mean that a purchase in the morning on the 10th (though my local usually give me copies in the afternoon the day before) would be afternoon/evening on the 9th in the Us and Europe. If there are no leaks, expect to hear the new songs and acoustic versions no later than then.

Get a life, you have no clue who I am, and never will, and you should be banned for falsely calling people liars and stirring up trouble in an otherwise harmless discussion on the album track list. Maybe you need this sort of stuff to entertain yourself, I don't know, but I come here only to discuss U2. I'll leave it at that and won't post about this anymore.

You're either a liar or too oblivious to recognize your misstatements in another thread.

I hope the mods come in here to tell you to shut up again.

Tour tickets I expect to be expensive I would not doubt in the 300-500 dollar range so those that want to see U2 live better start saving their quarters now, unless they want to be sitting at the back of the arena.

Tour tickets I expect to be expensive I would not doubt in the 300-500 dollar range so those that want to see U2 live better start saving their quarters now, unless they want to be sitting at the back of the arena.

I'm sure they'll still offer a certain amount of tickets below $100. GA tickets are probably going to remain low.

I don't think the album (no matter what edition) should close with anything else but The Troubles. It's the perfect closer. There shouldn't be a rocker in the end of that album, it just wouldn't fit.

I don't think the album (no matter what edition) should close with anything else but The Troubles. It's the perfect closer. There shouldn't be a rocker in the end of that album, it just wouldn't fit.

"Should?" It's impossible to say what it "should" do. Troubles is a great closer, but we simply don't know what else they've got. If they have something that works even better, I'd be up for it.

I'm sure they'll still offer a certain amount of tickets below $100. GA tickets are probably going to remain low.

Yeah, early assumptions about 300$ tickets are a bit funny.
Considering that last tour they had one of the most expensive if not ,
THE most expensive touring production last year (times 3, minus the screen).
I remember the nosebleeds selling for... 30 euro's and the GA was 50 to 60. That's FAR from 100 bucks.
Not to mention 300. :ohmy:

I can't imagine them trying to top the 360 production.
(Considering U2 and their management are quite smart) So they are probably going to keep it simple.
Don't think that the tickets will be any more expensive than 4/5 yrs ago.

The top-priced tickets on 360 were $250 USD for the best seated spots. I would anticipate they do another broad range of price levels again. As long as they keep GA reasonable (as opposed to some bullshit VIP thing), I'm cool with it.

The top-priced tickets on 360 were $250 USD for the best seated spots. I would anticipate they do another broad range of price levels again. As long as they keep GA reasonable (as opposed to some bullshit VIP thing), I'm cool with it.

But how can they play smaller venues and charge the same prices?

Part of the reason you could get last minute cheap seats at 360 was b/c so many of the stadiums were so damn big. I have a feeling there is definitely going to be a price spike, especially on the higher end. Yes, they'll still make cheaper seats available, but there will be a lot fewer of those to go around.

Oh right, I totally forgot that we were likely talking about arenas vs stadiums. Oops.

The part about GA vs VIP seating still stands, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom