SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they play multiple nights in major markets and do two legs in N. America like they did for Vertigo, getting tickets will not be a huge issue. I had no problem getting tickets for any of the shows I attended on Vertigo and I went to 13 shows. I did not pay over face value for any of them either.

Europe, I have no clue how that will be. Some markets are going to be very tough if it is just arenas. I think they plan to come back in 2016 and play stadiums, at minimum in Europe and S. America. Whether they come back to N. America again for stadiums will probably depend on how well Songs of Experience is received and how demand was for the arena legs.

Considering the themes of this record and the full-fledged return to Island Records, I'm hoping they can incorporate some period-specific Island logos into the physical release somehow:

Island-orangemoon.png

Island-blue-yellow.png

Does anyone know what the Busker version of The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) is on disk two? All the release info so far says 6 acoustic songs but this "Busker Version" would have to be the 6th but it is unclear.

On a side note I really hope that a non edit version of Invisible is on the 2nd disk as a secret track or at least given as a bonus at certain stores similar to Always and Summer Rain on ATYCLB. This would entice people to buy the regular version as well. I mean they have a lot of leftover tracks laying around that they could throw out there now that b-sides are pretty much no longer around. For example.. Soon or Winter comes to mind as tracks that are out there that they could give away as bonus cd's for certain stores.

USA/Canada vs EUROPE

Where do you THINK they're going to start the tour?
Where do you WANT them to start the tour?

I WANT the Vancouver rumour to be true. But I think we're losing it :sad:

USA/Canada vs EUROPE

I think its safe to say the tours going to start in europe. If the tours starting in April,Bono said they would be in Germany in May so that would suggest the tours starting in europe.

I would prefer them to start in America as everyone knows u2 get better as the tour goes on.

USA/Canada vs EUROPE

#1 - Europe
#2 - Europe

As rennowba said, they get infinitely better as the tour goes on. Which is why I'm really happy to have seen them on the last month of U2360°.

Does anyone know what the Busker version of The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) is on disk two? All the release info so far says 6 acoustic songs but this "Busker Version" would have to be the 6th but it is unclear.

On a side note I really hope that a non edit version of Invisible is on the 2nd disk as a secret track or at least given as a bonus at certain stores similar to Always and Summer Rain on ATYCLB. This would entice people to buy the regular version as well. I mean they have a lot of leftover tracks laying around that they could throw out there now that b-sides are pretty much no longer around. For example.. Soon or Winter comes to mind as tracks that are out there that they could give away as bonus cd's for certain stores.

I've been wondering the same.

It's not unfeasible to start the tour in the US in April then hit Europe in May, then back to the US, similar to the JT Tour.

I personally would prefer a European start as I want to go to the opener:lol:

I imagine it's a dirtier sounding acoustic take... Perhaps even a live acoustic take... Thus, ya know, busking

everyone knows u2 get better as the tour goes on.

Hell no. You want to see them early in the tour - perhaps not opening night, but a few nights in once they've blown out the biggest cobwebs - before the setlist settles, when there is weird stuff bouncing around or before they lose confidence in new material/resurrected rarities. Vertigo is a great example of this. Wanted to hear An Cat Dubh? Hope you saw them on the first leg because it only got done once after that.

Hell no. You want to see them early in the tour - perhaps not opening night, but a few nights in once they've blown out the biggest cobwebs - before the setlist settles, when there is weird stuff bouncing around or before they lose confidence in new material/resurrected rarities. Vertigo is a great example of this. Wanted to hear An Cat Dubh? Hope you saw them on the first leg because it only got done once after that.

What I would do to go back in time and see one of the very first ZooTV shows. :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You're 100% right. Want rarities? Want tracks from the new album? Get tickets to the first leg. By the time the 3rd leg comes around they'll have comfortably dumped most of the interesting stuff for the best-of tracks. They'll be playing better, but the set-list will be far less interesting.

The demise of new material on the last two tours is really striking. If you saw the band early, there were at least seven new songs in the set. By the end of the tour there could be as few as three new songs per show.

The demise of new material on the last two tours is really striking. If you saw the band early, there were at least seven new songs in the set. By the end of the tour there could be as few as three new songs per show.

Of course, the hope is that the Apple release of Soi can help reverse this trend a little bit. The crowd is far more likely to have heard and know these songs than they were for the last two albums. Heck, 33 million or so downloads... they may know these songs better than the ones on the Joshua Tree! :wink:

about this quote from Adam in Q: "We're booking the tour in pairs of shows. We want to have two different shows. That's the plan at this point, but it could all change."

Does it makes sense for anybody else that they're looking to book two shows because maybe they want to focus each show on different eras of the band? Say the first show would be all 80's-90's songs plus Songs of Innocence, and the second one 00's plus Songs of Experience... I know they're saying SOE isn't complete but I don't really buy that, and even if it isn't we're probably six months away from the tour so that's plenty of time to finish it...

What I would do to go back in time and see one of the very first ZooTV shows. :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Eh, they were really good but no better than the Outside Broadcast shows. The indoor shows were just a ticket crisis for a lot of people and the hype was huge as a result. Fortunately that was a time when Propaganda was really a fans best friend and I did not have to worry about it allowing me to see 3 indoor shows. :)

Inside Broadcast was sheer mayhem. Outside Broadcast was very tame and polished by comparison.

Arenas all the way. Every time.

That's not a totally fair assessment,as both tours you're referring to had huge gaps in between for various medical situations.

Inside Broadcast was sheer mayhem. Outside Broadcast was very tame and polished by comparison.

Arenas all the way. Every time.

Mayhem because of the limited tickets only. The production and show were WAY better for the Outside Broadcast and beyond. The setlists and performances were not "better" just because they were inside. At least not what I experienced. :shrug:

I'm guessing it's something like the "Temple Bar Version" of "Vertigo" on the HTDAAB DVD... just Edge playing the riff on a banjo (!) with Bono singing. Something quick and off-the-cuff. Hopefully not on a banjo, though.

I kind of don't like the 'Volcano' name, but the 360 tour was supposed to be the 'Kiss the Future' tour, so I guess nothing's for sure until it's official...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom