SOE - Part 8 - iHeart Beach CLips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Kygo perform?

Yes he will. Glad you asked. The Norwegian electronic tropical musician, who lived with his family in Brazil when he was younger, is expected to perform “Carry Me” along with vocalist Julia Michaels. “The opportunity to be a part of the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games in Rio is a huge milestone in my career and it will be the biggest performance of my life,” Kygo said in a press release. “I've been a sports fan forever.”

Especially if sold as collab between u2 and kygo

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

From one very difficult listen in a noisy food hall - sounds like a remix - the beach clip breaks down more after the chorus

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Definitely a remix. I really love the verse. The chorus seems to kind of jerk into the song a little unnaturally. This may be just part of the effect of the remix.
I also am really intrigued by parts of the song that seem like they are obviously out of order, but sound reeeeally good. The cool little riff at the end could very well be the beginning of the proper version of the song.
Very exciting. Found myself singing it after 1 listen. If you notice, people start singing along in the video by the end of the song. Good sign! :hyper:

From U2start.

The song was played at the end of his set, and was called “The Best Thing”. He introduced it during his set as a “brand new song I’ve never played before that I’ve made with U2.” Kygo’s manager, Jan M. Bjordal confirmed later to the media that the song was a collaboration between U2 and Kygo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

I really like the "why am I walking away" part. The bridge obviously, but sounds shortened quite a bit for this remix.

Now the question to me is, is this actually a U2 song or is it a Kygo song, featuring U2. I would say it's pretty solid bet it's a U2 song remixed, collaborated with Kygo.
Anyway, I highly doubt a premier tomorrow unfortunately. Sounds like he has his one song set that he will do for the ceremony.
I gotta say, I'm really happy with it after having my reservations from the beach clip. I'm hoping that all the "life" of the song isn't injected just from the remix.
Release the damn thing!

Listened to it once and don't want to listen again until the real "official" version is released.

With that said, it sounds very much like a remix and sounds good. Very catchy beat(it's a remix, so we will see if the proper song is similar) and I really like the way Bono sings the verses. Can't hear Edge, so I'm hoping he brings his chiming signature style to the song.

Perhaps most interesting is that if this is the lead single, it appears that for the first time since ATYCLB, we will not have the "Rocker" to kick things off.

Bottom line.....we are close.

I've almost cracked the first verse's lyrics...

When you look so good, the pain in your face doesn't show
When you look so good, but baby you don't even know
When the world is ours, and every door smells of fresh paint
??? ... says it's scripture that makes you a saint
When we've seen enough to know it's children that teach
When you're free enough to wake up on a bed or a beach

That is one catchy mofo remix or not, Bono is sounding amazing

Listened to it once and don't want to listen again until the real "official" version is released.

With that said, it sounds very much like a remix and sounds good. Very catchy beat(it's a remix, so we will see if the proper song is similar) and I really like the way Bono sings the verses. Can't hear Edge, so I'm hoping he brings his chiming signature style to the song.

Perhaps most interesting is that if this is the lead single, it appears that for the first time since ATYCLB, we will not have the "Rocker" to kick things off.

Bottom line.....we are close.

Good points all around. Could it be they are learning from past missteps? I gotta say it would be so satisfying to see them get a "hit" after all these years of trying. I think what stands out is the... Comfortableness (if that's a word) of this song. It is reminiscent of Bono in his groove vocally in the 90's. And it's giving me the feel of Crystal Ballroom, with a 90's U2 slant.
Like you said, gotta see what the proper version brings. But optimistic

Could SOE have a second disc with straight up remixes from other artists? The polar opposite of the acoustic versions on the second part of SOI? It would explain why they were hanging out with Skrillex.

That is one catchy mofo remix or not, Bono is sounding amazing

Certainly agreed on Bono's vocals. They stand out in a really good way. Reserving judgment on lyrics and I want to hear the real music, if this is indeed a remix. But I'm enjoying the remix's music and part of me like the idea of the remix being the single.

Hate to be that guy - anyone else worried this is an Ordinary Love style distraction that has delayed the album indefinitely?

Hate to be that guy - anyone else worried this is an Ordinary Love style distraction that has delayed the album indefinitely?

Nah, man. We're good. Enjoy the ride.. It's here :)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

I did think of that.
So many people are certain there is an album coming out shortly but there is no evidence of that, especially if this song ends up being a one-off.

I did think of that.
So many people are certain there is an album coming out shortly but there is no evidence of that, especially if this song ends up being a one-off.

Bono did say that the album's not finished yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom