SOE - Part 8 - iHeart Beach CLips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a family. I work 40-45 hours a week. I write beautiful pieces of C++ and Java daily. Bullocks.

I'm at my first Springsteen concert. Ever. Guess what. They do that GA lottery thing. They picked the same number two shows in a row. 1 in 1.5 million chance. What's up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
You picked a good one... 4 hours. Longest US show of Springsteen's career.

Great idea. Here's what I think... (or at least, hope)

Stylistically it will be all over the map. There will be straight-up rock and roll songs, classic u2 anthems, ballads and a lead single that is dancier than any non-remix they've recorded to date.

But, it will also manage to sound cohesive, as they've kept the production team limited to Thomas/Barlow, the new Eno and Lanois, with additional production help from the likes of Epworth and Lillywhite.

It'll work like POP works- because the sound will be consistent. Wake Up Dead Man on the same album as Mofo? Sure. Two very different songs, both inhabiting the same post-apocalyptic planet.

Instead this time we're on a vibrant, fresh, easy going planet where people celebrate living everyday.

Yeah it's going to be pop music, but pop played by dudes who know what they're doing, and who trust in each other. Confident dudes who have finally listened to the folks around them and who have let these songs breathe without trying to shape them into something they're not.

If ATYCLB was their Rubber Soul, than welcome to U2's Revolver.

:rockon:

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome :up:

The short timeframe and limited producers you mention in particular will make for a strong sound, i think. Cohesive, clear, and as you say, confident.

Also the idea of celebration sounds so great. Some upbeat anthems are just what I want right now, and u2 does them well.

I think because of the short timeframe and clear ideas, this could be one of u2's strongest albums of recent years, if only in terms of clarity of direction.

As for that '2017' statement, it's clearly just Edge's "in the weeds" quote but with 2017 tacked on. So it's likely not recent information, and given how everything's gearing up, it's misdirection at worst.

But this argument falls down when there is a whole forum to discuss this nonsense elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well, for what it is worth, I think people like to post where others are reading and responding.

It seems better than posting in the appropriate thread and waiting four or five days for someone to respond; cuz that sucks IMO.

Lesser of two evils: off topic, random and inane where others are reading and posting, or post to correct thread and get crickets.

Glad I'm not an Admin.

PS -- Where is Axver...

Well, for what it is worth, I think people like to post where others are reading and responding.

It seems better than posting in the appropriate thread and waiting four or five days for someone to respond; cuz that sucks IMO.

Lesser of two evils: off topic, random and inane where others are reading and posting, or post to correct thread and get crickets.

Glad I'm not an Admin.

PS -- Where is Axver...

me too..

another argument in support of paring down the dozens of forums on this site into something less regimented. Something like
- News and Rumours (just make this thread a sticky)
- General U2
- Tour
- Off topic

Last edited:
me too..

another argument in support of paring down the dozens of forums on this site into something less regimented. Something like
- News and Rumours (just make this thread a sticky)
- General U2
- Tour
- Off topic

Yep. It made more sense when this place actually had more than 20 regulars. Traffic here used to be insane. Even look back at the threads leading up to the NLOTH release and it was crazy.

Now, not so much. The band is older, people have less time, social media has taken over, etc.

So yeah, the less the better. I'd even be cool with just a "General U2 discussion" forum where anything U2 new or old is welcome.

You'd like to phone a friend? Let's get him on the line right now...

Review_HolographicYodaROTS_still.JPG

Yep. It made more sense when this place actually had more than 20 regulars. Traffic here used to be insane. Even look back at the threads leading up to the NLOTH release and it was crazy.

Now, not so much. The band is older, people have less time, social media has taken over, etc.

So yeah, the less the better. I'd even be cool with just a "General U2 discussion" forum where anything U2 new or old is welcome.

imma let you finish, but i still feel like the the most cray Interference time ever was during the Fake Edge period.

that was amazing.

imma let you finish, but i still feel like the the most cray Interference time ever was during the Fake Edge period.

that was amazing.

LOL that was great. Or right after 9/11. Holy crap was Free Your Mind a crazy place. I would have hated to be a mod back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom