SOE - Part 8 - iHeart Beach CLips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense given the Tour Title "i + E"

Also, it's a good marketing strategy. A great deal of people who attented the first legs of the tour will go again...(me included)

it's been confirmed that the stage setup will be the same by ... was it Willie Williams? somebody a few months ago. whatever.

anyway, I don't see how it's neither good nor poor marketing. I would say the only marketing that matters is SOE, but in reality, it doesn't matter. the only marketing that matters is the name "U2" -- see 360.

i guess same stage design but with new images/graphics to align more with SoE.

I think we'll get 5-6 songs from SoE
3-4 songs from SoI
7-9 warehorses
2-3 rarities (sort of like last tour with the songs Zooropa and October being played) I myself are banking on God II and Acrobat.

Wow, you're optimistic ! That would be Awesome. They've never played it live. I'm banking on ACROBAT definitely. God II I doubt it...

it's been confirmed that the stage setup will be the same by ... was it Willie Williams? somebody a few months ago. whatever.

anyway, I don't see how it's neither good nor poor marketing. I would say the only marketing that matters is SOE, but in reality, it doesn't matter. the only marketing that matters is the name "U2" -- see 360.

Good point :up:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS EXPECT FOR THE NEXT TOUR ?

A) Added songs from SOE "a la ZOOTV / ZOOROPA" and same stage design as I+E ?

or

B) Brand new Stage design and different tour ?

"Talk amongst yourselves"

MikeMyers-as-Linda-Richmond-COffeeTalk-YahooVid-Screenshot.jpg

This tour has always been planned as one tour with two parts.

I think we'll get some added songs and new visuals, that's about it.

The only question is what markets will get it? And will they do stadiums in certain markets, and how will they change the stage? That's the only stage change I foresee.

This tour has always been planned as one tour with two parts.

I think we'll get some added songs and new visuals, that's about it.

The only question is what markets will get it? And will they do stadiums in certain markets, and how will they change the stage? That's the only stage change I foresee.

I'm very interested in how they'll adapt the stage for stadiums (I'm assuming they have to for places like South America?)

I wonder how they'll do that screen outdoors, as inside it's hung from the ceiling. Maybe they'll stand it up on legs, and we'll have a mini 'claw'... Half I&E, half 360 stage :hmm:

I wonder if they're even going to tour Australia, South America now. Those dates are usually scheduled Nov-Feb, right?

All signs point to new leg starting up in US, next March.. I suppose winter 2017 is a possibility

it's nice to hear him jam out "Bad" considering the song was made in like 1984 and he's played it a zillion times.:heart:

I've been in the minority which likely also includes the band, that thinks the reality of Acrobat live does not live up to the fan hype. But, I could see Acrobat serving the same purpose as Hands and Zooropa did on the first i+E go-round: as an extended segueway. But a full performance, no.

I'm pushing for Exit to make a return though. :hyper:

I've been in the minority which likely also includes the band, that thinks the reality of Acrobat live does not live up to the fan hype. But, I could see Acrobat serving the same purpose as Hands and Zooropa did on the first i+E go-round: as an extended segueway. But a full performance, no.

Yeah, you're probably right...I like the fact that they did Gavin's version of the Fly in the intermission bit :applaud:

I wonder if they're even going to tour Australia, South America now. Those dates are usually scheduled Nov-Feb, right?

All signs point to new leg starting up in US, next March.. I suppose winter 2017 is a possibility
Nope, march was never supposed to be US. The only time a specific country was mentioned was when Oseary confirmed Australia.
I have 0 doubt that the tour will go to Australia (+ NZ probably, maybe a few gigs in Asia) and South America (indoor is absolutely possible, this has been discussed several times now). Both markets could be done in the beginning of 2017. One at the very least. And then of course the tour will return to the US and Europe. Probably some new cities. In the case of Europe some "new" countries as well (Portugal and Eastern Europe come to mind).

Nope, march was never supposed to be US. The only time a specific country was mentioned was when Oseary confirmed Australia.
I have 0 doubt that the tour will go to Australia (+ NZ probably, maybe a few gigs in Asia) and South America (indoor is absolutely possible, this has been discussed several times now). Both markets could be done in the beginning of 2017. One at the very least. And then of course the tour will return to the US and Europe. Probably some new cities. In the case of Europe some "new" countries as well (Portugal and Eastern Europe come to mind).
I hear March will be start of US/Europe legs, with plans undetermined thereafter

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

"I hear" as in reliable source? Cause this seems rather unlikely to me, so a good source is needed to convince me ;)
Twice removed from Authoritative Source. So, maybe not worth a heckuva lot

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Back when the London gigs were happening Joe O'Herlihy told a friend of mine Australia would be first quarter 2017. Things may have changed, but who knows?

Wasn't Aus first quarter on the assumption that is and or Europe would be in 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I love that video of Edge sound-checking for the movie, have watched it many times! Used it to model my UTEOTW tone - can't come close to the Real Thing...

"I hear" as in reliable source? Cause this seems rather unlikely to me, so a good source is needed to convince me ;)

For what it's worth...

"The Songs of Experience tour will begin in March 2017 and will take in the US, South America, Australia, Asia and Europe, with an outdoor Irish show in the summer of 2018 a distinct possibility."

Source: "U2 announce world tour, hint new album nearly ready"

Doesn't say a thing about which country/continent will be first.

Wasn't Aus first quarter on the assumption that is and or Europe would be in 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
That was never more than an assumption. So it means nothing for 2017. But even if US was supposed to happen in 2016, you wouldn't change consecutive tour plans. Much easier to just postpone one leg than all of them.
For what it's worth...

"The Songs of Experience tour will begin in March 2017 and will take in the US, South America, Australia, Asia and Europe, with an outdoor Irish show in the summer of 2018 a distinct possibility."

Source: "U2 announce world tour, hint new album nearly ready"

Doesn't say a thing about which country/continent will be first.
Don't think this is worth a whole lot even though it does point in the same direction. Of course it doen't say where the tour kicks off. It's not an official announcement ;)

To me 2017 Australia just makes a whole lot of sense and I don't think we've had any incident of Oseary bullshitting. Joe is another source that I tend to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom