SOE - Part 8 - iHeart Beach CLips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree. Band version + String version with Adam/Larry were far superior to just Bono and Edge.

B & E are great but for me, U2 is a band. And for me, I prefer to see/hear all 4 of them play.

Why the B & E version on the i+e tour? Probably part was 'staging'. It made sense for B & E to stay and play a piano song while Adam and Larry sauntered off to the main stage. And then the dramatic move of Bono and Edge returning to the main stage during Bullet. Staging-wise, it makes sense. On a musical level? I'd have preferred a full band version.

this could be said for just about every single acoustic version of any song U2 ever does. The full band version is always better.

I would argue even before that, perhaps to a lesser extent tho. There's some pretty noticeable stuff going on in the first 3 albums in the studio that doesn't get reproduced live. No hidden violinist for SBS or kid running a fork thru bicycle spokes or smashing bottles for IWF etc etc lol

Next tour will have kids and violinists under the stage..

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back to EBW and seeing all the versions laid out in a row, I'm not sure why people aren't talking about the "demo" more. Which is clearly not a demo because it has enough of the album versions's elements. What it sounds like is that Tedder or Epworth came in and neutered Edge's electric guitar and replaced it with some real cheesy shit. I can appreciate the "beauty" of the live versions but it's not very interesting musically, compared to Edge actually playing with some teeth on the earliest version,

I read demo version of EBW and didn't see it posted. Did a search and found this:

I've never heard this version......SOUNDS AWESOME

Can we start a go fund me page to send one of our European posters to go to the beach and camp out?

Preferably without a dog

I would argue even before that, perhaps to a lesser extent tho. There's some pretty noticeable stuff going on in the first 3 albums in the studio that doesn't get reproduced live. No hidden violinist for SBS or kid running a fork thru bicycle spokes or smashing bottles for IWF etc etc lol
There's a certain other NY based tribute band who's name will go unmentioned who always try to reproduce the studio version of I Will Follow never realizing that they play it differently live. It sounds atrocious.

Oh come on now's not the time to be vague that sounds hilarious! YouTube link right now :wink:

The MTV awards version of EBW was incredible. It should be done exactly like that, or not done at all. All other versions are just meh. Unfortunately it's not possible for him to sing it like that every night of a tour.

I have a feeling we've seen the final performance of the song.

Ok so U2 are deffently taking a break by the look of instagram pics etc. Well if they have new material for the iheart festival they better get together and start practasing it.

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

Ok so U2 are deffently taking a break by the look of instagram pics etc. Well if they have new material for the iheart festival they better get together and start practasing it.

I think we're going to see vacation pics from now until September.. They'll then have three weeks to shoot a video, rehearse a new song or two, and run through their warhorses in preparation for a couple short gigs

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Start practising it? They are practising the songs for years.

I guess they are taking a longer break because it will be busy times for the band the coming months.

The coming weeks I think there will be a videoshoot and a new single will appear on the 23rd of september. Hopefully the album will be available around that time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

He spells it Dik.

Dik-Evans.jpg

My finger gets a good workout swiping up a lot in these threads. I often find myself stopping whenever Mikal posts a comment though.

Sent from my iPhone 9 from the future.

My finger gets a good workout swiping up a lot in these threads. I often find myself stopping whenever Mikal posts a comment though.

Sent from my iPhone 9 from the future.

Mikal's been known to give people's fingers a workout ;)

There's a certain other NY based tribute band who's name will go unmentioned who always try to reproduce the studio version of I Will Follow never realizing that they play it differently live. It sounds atrocious.

Oh come on now's not the time to be vague that sounds hilarious! YouTube link right now :wink:

or yeah just pm me the name. :up:

Ok im getting impatient now.... news seems to slowing

WHAT DO YOU GUYS EXPECT FOR THE NEXT TOUR ?

A) Added songs from SOE "a la ZOOTV / ZOOROPA" and same stage design as I+E ?

or

B) Brand new Stage design and different tour ?

"Talk amongst yourselves"

MikeMyers-as-Linda-Richmond-COffeeTalk-YahooVid-Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
i guess same stage design but with new images/graphics to align more with SoE.

I think we'll get 5-6 songs from SoE
3-4 songs from SoI
7-9 warehorses
2-3 rarities (sort of like last tour with the songs Zooropa and October being played) I myself are banking on God II and Acrobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom