SOE Lucky 13: Dallas Lies in Vegas ...TONIGHT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us remind ourselves... U2 play on a festival together with other way more successful "charts" acts. These performances will likely be used to promote new material. U2 tend to "try" new songs on their own tour from time to time, but they would never ever just "try" new songs on iHeart if they could not play them blind. That has to be a rock solid performance.... so if they play SOE Songs they want to impress... and not like "oh let's try this new song... could sound shit but we still hope you like it"

And people wonder why many bands don't like to 'improvise' or play things off the cuff.

On the other hand it would be Rock'n'Roll style if they just improvise and throw in under rehearsed SOE songs.... but that won't happen.

Or it could sound like total crap because they didn't rehearse it, and get eaten alive anyway.

Bullet would be very interesting... Could see "Hands up, don't shoot" coming back given what's happened this week.

Desire? I could see them play that..easy for the band, uptempo, people know it...

Bullet? That'll go down like a fart in church.:doh:

Remember, people would have to be at least 30 years old to be familiar with Desire. At this point, playing to 18-30 year old audience, I'd rather see them put forth a burning version of bullet to rock the place.

That Bullet and Desire tweet leads me to believe that they're playing a rather lengthy set, those aren't exactly world beaters when it comes to appealing to the kids.

My theory may have been correct! Coming on a full hour earlier than the last artist on Saturday night. This could be a big setlist...

I'm on the other side of the barricade to my band aged 40

F-f-f-f-f-forty

Why can't they just play 1 show without throwing politics in there?:angry:

Perhaps just the Zooropa snippet they did during the last tour would be effective.

If he's going all "megaphone style" during Bullet, he may lose the kids in the crowd...just my opinion though.

Remember, people would have to be at least 30 years old to be familiar with Desire. At this point, playing to 18-30 year old audience, I'd rather see them put forth a burning version of bullet to rock the place.

Desire gets played in supermarkets...you'd be surprised who recognizes it.

Suppose the crowd doesn't know Desire, then they sure as hell don't know Bullet. Which one would be easier and quickly digested? I say Desire.

Bullet absolutely rocked last tour. With all that's going on, count me in on this def being played with some updated Bono banter.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Didn't they play Desire on the NYC subway, as part of that Fallon bit? Crowd seemed pretty into it then.

Desire is a great song with a catchy & fun chorus. It's one of their biggest hits yet never the first song you'd attribute to U2. No surprise that's being played.

Bullet is interesting. Can certainly see them taking the political route with it.

It's also possible these were sound checked because they're fairly straight forward and they've been playing them regularly for 20-25 years.

I think the band is working on tonight's setlist for a while, I'm not buying the theory they are defining the setlist in Vegas.

Bullet is a lot more of an interesting choice than Desire. If they do some kind of statement with it (which is pretty much a given) that'd be a lot more of a talking point than freakin' Desire, which is a decent hit but probably only barely in the top 15 most popular U2 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom