SOE 35 - it’s finally here, let the debate on how good/bad it is begin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great album. Much better than I was expecting.

It’s very early days but this could be their best album since Achtung Baby.

Got it :) downloaded the wetransfer app then the winzip app and I can listen to the songs on the winzip app.

Is there any way of getting these winzip files to my iTunes on my iPhone.

This has all been done on my iPhone no computer has been used so it can be done. But can I now move the files it iTunes on my phone?

Yeah, not gonna go down that path yet. But just viewed on its own, if someone gave me this album as a gift and I never heard of the band, I'd say it's a fantastic album

Yep, good album, and it only took three years! :edge:

Listening to The Best Thing, it does sound like the mix was finessed slightly. The bit where the volume on Edge's guitar jumps and cuts off abruptly at the end of the first chorus is fixed.

Haven't done enough full listens. The Lights of Home is a pretty good Oasis song.

Got it :) downloaded the wetransfer app then the winzip app and I can listen to the songs on the winzip app.

Is there any way of getting these winzip files to my iTunes on my iPhone.

This has all been done on my iPhone no computer has been used so it can be done. But can I now move the files it iTunes on my phone?

I am not sure how to do it from your iPhone. If it was from your computer it’s pretty simple, just put the songs on a new playlist plug your phone in and drag the new playlist. It took me two hours to do this until I figured out that the songs were not dragging to my phone cos of the iCloud settings.

My favourite is 'Book of Your Heart'.

This particular track is the best thing they've done since Achtung Baby. It's like Leonard Cohen guest appearing on The Joshua Tree, but then arriving via time machine to Hansa Studios in Berlin in 1991 to record it with Achtung era U2 instead of Joshua Tree era U2. A seminal piece of music that is criminally absent from the regular edition of the album.

As for the rest? Absolutely amazing. I just wish they'd used the strings version of 'Lights of Home' instead.

This particular track is the best thing they've done since Achtung Baby. It's like Leonard Cohen guest appearing on The Joshua Tree, but then arriving via time machine to Hansa Studios in Berlin in 1991 to record it with Achtung era U2 instead of Joshua Tree era U2. A seminal piece of music that is criminally absent from the regular edition of the album.

As for the rest? Absolutely amazing. I just wish they'd used the strings version of 'Lights of Home' instead.

Slow, you and I think very alike! I was thinking exactly the same thing about lights and book of your heart! :)

I am still in awe when listening to Summer of Love. It is such a light song for such a heavy topic. I watched the story of the Aleppo gardener on YouTube and almost started to cry when listening to this beautiful song. For me this is a masterpiece of songwriting.

I am still in awe when listening to Summer of Love. It is such a light song for such a heavy topic. I watched the story of the Aleppo gardener on YouTube and almost started to cry when listening to this beautiful song. For me this is a masterpiece of songwriting.

My second favourite after 13. Should've been second single after The Best Thing; has some slight Arctic Monkeys-vibes, but more beautiful. When the strings starts... :drool:

I am not sure how to do it from your iPhone. If it was from your computer it’s pretty simple, just put the songs on a new playlist plug your phone in and drag the new playlist. It took me two hours to do this until I figured out that the songs were not dragging to my phone cos of the iCloud settings.

Yeah on your computer it's easy. But I'm struggling on my phone. No worries I can live with winzip until Friday :)

Summer of love wow wow wow red flag day and the showman wow wow wow little things wow so much to love on this record

Oh you are going to love the quality of this one! And thank you very
much on the comment about my avatar! :) I took that shot this summer in Oregon during the eclipse :)

That is a great shot :up:

I am hoping my ticket CD's come in soon, like tomorrow. Also i noticed i pre-ordered the deluxe version through u2.com apparently when i re-did the account a few weeks ago. Trying to hold off listening until whatever happens first. Glad to know the quality is better :applaud:

If it's anything like the LCD Soundsystem CD/Album giveaway (also run by TM), they will ship CDs on Dec 1. Not for a Dec 1 arrival!

How about that strings version right? I's epic

Holy fuck, this album is great. I just listened to it for the first time and while the singles are the weakest tracks they work well on the album. The sequencing and pacing are spectacular.

Other random thoughts:

- it's pretty high energy and doesn't sound forced
- Adam has a bunch of great parts
- Bono's best album since Zooropa. There are some clunky lyrics but way more good ones, and his voice sounds great. The melodies are the real star though. The verses are so strong they could be choruses. He goes deep, too.
- Lights Of Home is Zep as fuck, and the orchestral version is as epic as they've ever been. Speaking of epics...
- Little Things....holy shit. Peak U2. Sequencing it after the Showman was clever!

Best U2 album in 20 years. It's great. I'm fucking shocked and ecstatic. It's a glorious, complete work. I'll pretend that the godawful Kygo remix isn't sitting there like a turd on the edge of the plate.

The singles should have been Red Flag Day, The Showman, orchestral Lights and Little Things.

Holy fuck, this album is great. I just listened to it for the first time and while the singles are the weakest tracks they work well on the album. The sequencing and pacing are spectacular.

Other random thoughts:

- it's pretty high energy and doesn't sound forced
- Adam has a bunch of great parts
- Bono's best album since Zooropa. There are some clunky lyrics but way more good ones, and his voice sounds great. The melodies are the real star though. The verses are so strong they could be choruses. He goes deep, too.
- Lights Of Home is Zep as fuck, and the orchestral version is as epic as they've ever been. Speaking of epics...
- Little Things....holy shit. Peak U2. Sequencing it after the Showman was clever!

Best U2 album in 20 years. It's great. I'm fucking shocked and ecstatic. It's a glorious, complete work. I'll pretend that the godawful Kygo remix isn't sitting there like a turd on the edge of the plate.

It is right? I feel the same

Back
Top Bottom