SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jack White deserves blame. Whether Edge took a liking to the holistic garage rock tone or actually started using White’s vintage gear or maybe both, he planted the seed that ultimately compromised the band’s sound. It works for some bands. It doesn’t for U2.

:lol:

With the exception of Best Thing, all the new songs grew on me. I'm looking forward to the new album.

I now have 6 copies of SOE being mailed to me!!!!! My problem is I do not own a CD player anymore!!

Honestly, this is the same ridiculous discussion ad infinitum.

Every musician uses SOMETHING for inspiration, it’s all a question of degrees, and if that riff inspired a great song, and they then did the right thing by engaging the writers, what the fuck is the problem?

The problem is not taking inspiration from other musicicans as long as you engage with them (what they did). However, as Jarvio rightly said, it is a bit embarassing that they chose a riff that isn't their own work to tease their album, when they have an entire album of their own work that they could have snippeted instead. No problem at all if they chose e.g. the Blackout intro.

Guys.

It's a 6 second promo released by Universal Music Ireland.

The band didn't have anything to do with this.

It's not as though though they're getting links to all this stuff in advance, and signing off on each promo, one by one.

Back
Top Bottom