SOE 31: Yes, we have no bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And again, it's funny because no one explained why the lyric in Winter is so terrible, they just stated it. You just accepted it and are apparently fine with that, because you're not interested in being consistent.

I just accepted it? Because you know the conversations I’ve had over the years in here?

I think it’s time to remove the chip from your shoulder.

I specifically asked YOU a question, don’t lump me into your other tiffs, if you’re not interested in engaging, this probably isn’t the place for you.

I just accepted it? Because you know the conversations I’ve had over the years in here?

I think it’s time to remove the chip from your shoulder.

I specifically asked YOU a question, don’t lump me into your other tiffs, if you’re not interested in engaging, this probably isn’t the place for you.
I have no dog in this fight here, but part of the problem for newer members is that they don't know the conversations from years past. I imagine a newbie would come here and often be turned off by the attitudes and the inside jokes of the handful of longtime users who dominate the forums and discussion. I am and have been a long term lurker for well over 10 years, so I have followed most folks here and know better... But I can only imagine that newbies perceive parts of the forum as a bunch of jaded assholes. I mean, I'm the one who initially said that ASOH had a cliche chorus, and the newbie comes in and agrees and there is a giant pile on of long term users. (and yes, like I said I keep up with the forum so I knew this user has an "Ax"ver to grind.)

My guess at the Trafalgar set list:

The Blackout
I Will Follow
Best Thing
Vertigo
Get Out Of Your Own Way
Desire
Beautiful Day
Little Things

My guess at the Trafalgar set list:

The Blackout
I Will Follow
Best Thing
Vertigo
Get Out Of Your Own Way
Desire
Beautiful Day
Little Things

3 SOE Songs ? It's U2 .. so ... I don't think that they dare to play three new songs from their upcoming new album .... I mean any other band would do it .. but ... U2?

We'll see

3 SOE Songs ? It's U2 .. so ... I don't think that they dare to play three new songs from their upcoming new album .... I mean any other band would do it .. but ... U2?

We'll see

I see why not. They seem very excited to get the new stuff out there. During the ATYCLB, HTDAAB, & NLOTH promotion they played 4-5 new songs. SOI promotion was a little different but they played Miracle, Volcano, Wave, & California (?). And they just finished the biggest nostalgia tour they ever done.

I expect heavy SOE

I have no dog in this fight here, but part of the problem for newer members is that they don't know the conversations from years past. I imagine a newbie would come here and often be turned off by the attitudes and the inside jokes of the handful of longtime users who dominate the forums and discussion. I am and have been a long term lurker for well over 10 years, so I have followed most folks here and know better... But I can only imagine that newbies perceive parts of the forum as a bunch of jaded assholes. I mean, I'm the one who initially said that ASOH had a cliche chorus, and the newbie comes in and agrees and there is a giant pile on of long term users. (and yes, like I said I keep up with the forum so I knew this user has an "Ax"ver to grind.)

I think to say there was a giant pile on because he agreed with you is a huge stretch; it wasn't a giant pile on and it wasn't because he agreed with you.

I get what you're saying about newbies, but I don't think assuming sides or lumping everyone together is the answer.

I have no dog in this fight here, but part of the problem for newer members is that they don't know the conversations from years past. I imagine a newbie would come here and often be turned off by the attitudes and the inside jokes of the handful of longtime users who dominate the forums and discussion

In general, probably so.
But the particular newbie in question has jumped on Ax since he joined, its pretty clear he's not really a newbie but an alter or returning former member.

His 5th post ever on his 2nd day ever is attacking Ax for his opinion and supposedly knowing exactly how Ax would react to something.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...cussion-thread-2-a-221536-53.html#post8205423

He clearly joined (or more likely rejoined) here to stir things up, specifically with Axver, so this is not just some newbie who found the forum and is turned off by some of the interaction here.

Back to the Trafalgar Square gig for the moment, two friends received an email to say that they had a second chance to get tickets, and it included a code to input on ticketmaster to obtain them. Trouble is, they didn't see the emails until 30 mins and 45 mins after they had been received, so by the time the codes were entered it said the classic 'no tickets matching your search'.

Utter despair!

Gutting :-( that would be the worst way possible not to get tickets. Because you know those tickets were there for you :-(

I see why not. They seem very excited to get the new stuff out there. During the ATYCLB, HTDAAB, & NLOTH promotion they played 4-5 new songs. SOI promotion was a little different but they played Miracle, Volcano, Wave, & California (?). And they just finished the biggest nostalgia tour they ever done.

I expect heavy SOE

This was my thinking exactly.

In general, probably so.
But the particular newbie in question has jumped on Ax since he joined, its pretty clear he's not really a newbie but an alter or returning former member.

His 5th post ever on his 2nd day ever is attacking Ax for his opinion and supposedly knowing exactly how Ax would react to something.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...cussion-thread-2-a-221536-53.html#post8205423

He clearly joined (or more likely rejoined) here to stir things up, specifically with Axver, so this is not just some newbie who found the forum and is turned off by some of the interaction here.

I'm not sure about the alter thing, but this new user has been getting into it with multiple people and has a serious attitude/communication issue.

Back
Top Bottom