SOE 31: Yes, we have no bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m guessing you’re playing us?
Songs she sang to me
Songs she brang to me
Words that rang in me
Rhymes that sprang to me

That section is close enough to Winter's chorus that I reckon if Diamond sued, he'd win.
I mean, Bono even sings 'rhymes they sprang in me'.

I do wish I was joking.

Songs she sang to me
Songs she brang to me
Words that rang in me
Rhymes that sprang to me

That section is close enough to Winter's chorus that I reckon if Diamond sued, he'd win.
I mean, Bono even sings 'rhymes they sprang in me'.

I do wish I was joking.

Haha, but if U2 had a good lawyer and all they would have to bring is an elementary school rhyme dictionary as evidence and everyone would be dismissed.

Some of the lyrics in Breathe are less-than-stellar, and Bono's overuse of the word "sing" (as well as "song" and "sound") is as bad as "heart", "kneel", and "soul" if you've been paying attention, but at least the rapid-fire delivery was outside the norm for him. Nothing wrong with shaking things up and I think much of it is refreshing and has some character. Some find a bit like "ju ju man" embarrassing but I find it amusingly charming, and there's some actual humor in following it with "Doc says you're fine, or dying". That's very Bob Dylan.

The chorus is rote, but it's sung with conviction. And I do think there's one legit gem of a line in "the roar that lies on the other side of silence".

Musically, at least it has a pulse and the guitar solo is probably underrated at this point, just as good if not better than the one on Unknown Caller.

Lol - that was hilarious.

“Fucking Eno stole it! He worked on both albums - U2 wrote it first, but Coldplay released theirs first! What a prick!!!”

If that's true, then Eno should be banned for eternity coming within 100 mile radius of U2.

The start of Winter quite clearly resembles Viva La Vida. I remember people on here in 2009 losing their shit about that (and blaming Eno for it).

That's because Eno gave both bands the exact same starting off point and tasked them with coming up with a different song each, hence the start of both Winter and Viva La Vida are the same. Coldplay released theirs, U2 didn't (delayed the album and then maybe didn't want to include Winter for fear of people thinking they were copying Coldplay LOL!). Can't remember where I read/heard that (possibly BBC radio interview at time of NLOTH release?), but that's how it happened.

Just got an email from ticketmaster saying I'd won tickets in the ballot! Only thing is, it's my Dad's account and he cant go, and you need to bring ID!!

Anyone know how these things generally work, and if they are super strict on the ID thingy?

Last edited:
Just got an email from ticketmaster saying I'd won tickets in the ballot! Only thing is, it's my Dad's account and he cant go, and you need to bring ID!!

Anyone know how these things generally work, and if they are super strict on the ID thingy?

Well done :up:

Not sure on how strict they'll be yet but who cares - take your dad!!

I've had one email turned down, waiting to hear on another...

Surely they don't want the show empty - what happens if you show up with your dad's ID, but without him?

Yeah, might be ok, on ticketmaster I think you get the chance to put the names on the ticket, so they will check the ID for that, so should be good. Just need to work out how to get to London!!

We'll done you.
Just got rejection email. Woe is me.

Rejection email for me to , on mine my wife's and my dads :-(

When's the cut off point you have to get the tickets? Because it says to keep checking your emails because if people don't claim their tickets they will be re released

And now another rejection on my last hope, my u2.com email address :-(

Can you pass as your dad with a brief look at the Id? I can on with my dad, people sometimes think we're twins :)

If not I'd just risk it myself, take your dads Id and see what happens. Do you live in London ?

Back
Top Bottom