SOE 31: Yes, we have no bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At least he is clean shaven in that pic. This year he has been sporting the "old man yelling get off my lawn" scruff look. I mean, either shave it clean (I prefer, makes him look younger) or grow it out but that look + the glasses+ the hat make him look 113 years old.

Shave, yes. The hat works for the Exit "mad preacher" character, not otherwise. Glasses, couldn't care less. Could drop them for the brief promo shows (assuming he has to wear them on full time shows).

But all of this will fade away if he actually is serious about that blue hair. :huh:

Shave, yes. The hat works for the Exit "mad preacher" character, not otherwise. Glasses, couldn't care less. Could drop them for the brief promo shows (assuming he has to wear them on full time shows).

But all of this will fade away if he actually is serious about that blue hair. :huh:

wait...you mean that blue hair wasn't photoshopped?

Singing over the track was weird.

Really weird because bono was singing but it wasn't in tune with the track so it just sounded like an echo when he sang. Either don't sing and mime or sing the track. Don't do both it sounds ridiculous

Bono needs a new stylist asap. That hat and style of glasses are not doing the band any favours.

Why doesent larry say anything? Come on Larry!

It has though. All that botox or surgery has done him few favours.

Ok, dang it. I'm going to focus on some of the positives about these songs for a moment.

Little Things: I like how it builds. Edge will likely shine on the studio version. Bono sings it passionately. Larry showed some urgency on the drums live.
Blackout: They had the balls to muster some AB fire. Great bassline.
Get Out: Catchy as fuck and some deft vocals in places.
Best Thing: Edge's singing and the middle 8, in general, is sublime. The song grew on me a little. I like the video. Kygo's vocal splicing in the remix is the most notable earworm in any of their remixes, ever.
American Soul: It's definitely a song.

Last edited:
:up:

after today's news, i seriously have no problem stealing the album :lol:

:) made me chuckle that did :)

Ain't doing him any favours is it. Thing is I have no problem with rich people getting around tax laws but when a celebrity does so much charity work and says this and that, it doesn't sit well with the general public does it. Sort of hypercritical isn't it. It's the subject I've never ever been able to come up with an excuse to defend Bono

:) made me chuckle that did :)

Ain't doing him any favours is it. Thing is I have no problem with rich people getting around tax laws but when a celebrity does so much charity work and says this and that, it doesn't sit well with the general public does it. Sort of hypercritical isn't it. It's the subject I've never ever been able to come up with an excuse to defend Bono

I usually just say to people "I know that if I can find a way to save money on my taxes, I'll sure take it... and you would too. So don't judge U2 for that."

But NO NO... U2 are rich! They should WANT to pay MORE than their fair share of taxes!! Nobody wants to pay taxes, rich or poor. But the middle class are the ones who get fucked the most, and the notion that rich people are doing smart tax planning really rubs people who are getting fleeced the wrong way.

Back
Top Bottom