SOE 31: Yes, we have no bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think GOOYOW does have a nice melody.... The thing for me is the drums.... Like Invisible. Sounds so much better at the end of the song! Dont like the electronic drum sound. The last part does sound very ATYCLB

I bet that's the opener, someone mentioned somewhere this last 48hrs that the opener is a slow song. Plus finally some UF style atmospherics. For me that's the best bit of music so far...

Remember when Bill Flanagan said this was up there with Achtung Baby, maybe even better?

That was funny.

Not that I'm expecting this album to be anywhere close to AB, but...

Remember when we all heard the entire new album?

He's a fairly respected movie critic/writer.

But "record" doesn't necessarily mean "album". He's likely talking about Get Out, or even Best Thing.

Ah, good point. My American is showing.

Also the clip posted above is 100% fake.

Snippets of 5 songs from the album, the 5th being the studio Little Things

Sure that's the studio version?

What's this inner devil song at the end?

Edit: Heaven and Hell from 1991. Ignore me, people.

Not a clue actually, it sounded studio-esque but I guess it could be live, hard to tell, but considering TBT is the acoustic version, probably best to take this with a pinch of salt.

Yeah I'm starting to think it was live afterall, my bad, I just saw the video on youtube and got all excited

Remember when Bill Flanagan said this was up there with Achtung Baby, maybe even better?

That was funny.

I reserve judgment until I hear the album, but...yes, it seems a bit much. That said, if the rest is more in the vein of "The Blackout" than TBT, he may not be nuts. But we're nowhere near that yet.

I was alo ready to hate Get Out, but I really like it. It sounds great on headphones

That last snippet is very similar to Heaven and Hell from 1991 but it’s not from the outtakes. Never heard this version so perhaps they resurrected it for a song on the new album. Interesting if that’s the case.

That last snippet is very similar to Heaven and Hell from 1991 but it’s not from the outtakes. Never heard this version so perhaps they resurrected it for a song on the new album. Interesting if that’s the case.

Yeah, those vocals and lyrics are not from the 1991-version, that's for sure.

It's the one on the 20th anniversary AB deluxe album

Back
Top Bottom