SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOWY, Sydney 93 is perhaps the best U2 song of all time.

I love Zoo TV Live from Sydney. It's my U2 bible. Upon viewing that dvd aged 18 back in 2009 it was the experience that made me see the light and go 'Wow - these guys are fucking incredible!'.

But WOWY is one of the songs from that performance I seek out the least. I don't know why. So so many people love that performance and yet I always felt that it was very much in the shadows of other great performances such as Streets, RTSS, Zoo Station, EBTTR, Dirty Day. Maybe it's the big build up ending that I'm not fussed about? Maybe it's because it follows Lemon (LEMON!!!) and precedes THAT finale of Love Is Blindness and Can't Help Falling In Love. Or maybe it's because every time I search anything to do with WOWY on youtube some moronic dickwad in the comments can't resist saying 'Ross and Rachel's song'. Either way - I probably vastly underrate it.

For what it's worth, my own preferred WOWY performance is the Glastonbury 2011 performance. Absolute belter and rewatching clips of that gig makes me think of it much better than when I first watched it live on the BBC.

Last edited:
Shine like stars, as I've said before, is useless and the most ridiculous fan obsession. The lyrics are 7th grade level "summer night/winter light".

So, better than most of Bono's lyrics as of late then?

Things that will be said on Interference when Get Out of Your Own Way is released:

1. It should have been the lead single.
2. My non-U2 friends love it.
3. I can really see this one charting and hitting the mainstream.
4. It's going to go viral on Youtube/Last.fm, etc.
5. It's their best single since (insert BD/Vertigo).

Get Out should've been the lead single, not Best Thing...what the hell were they thinking??

That's one down!

GOOYOW is pop, but it's a little more muscular than the last couple of U2 pop songs. A real grower, and could be a hit (Adult Contemporary)

That's two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom