SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor Swift has a video coming out tomorrow in which she's wearing a skin-colored body suit / looks nude.

U2 aren't gonna win the headlines tomorrow.

Taylor Swift has a video coming out tomorrow in which she's wearing a skin-colored body suit / looks nude.

U2 aren't gonna win the headlines tomorrow.

We've discussed this. Bono will be nude in his next video. Just him and five bananas. Gonna break the interwebs.

I doubt an album that’s supposed to come out on December 1st will be the #1 album of the year anywhere. They must have known that when agreeing on a release date.

They aren’t senile enough to shoot for a number one album of the year. If thy chart at number one for a week or two, they will be happy.

I wonder if it'll be announced next Friday, or even later. Assuming the Dec 1st date to be correct, it would be weird to announce less than a month before release, surely? There'd be little time for much promotion.

The thing is, if you pressed 5000, you would likely sell all 5000. To me this is just going to create an prime opportunity to gouge U2 fans.

I’ll bet a barrel of bananas that by 10a ET on 11/24 if you go on eBay or you name the site, The Blackout RSD vinyl record will be selling for $750 USD minimum.

Too bad

As someone already said, 750 is the number of the colored vinyl being sold at the Third Man stores. There should be plenty of the plain black vinyl for anyone who wants one.

I wonder if it'll be announced next Friday, or even later. Assuming the Dec 1st date to be correct, it would be weird to announce less than a month before release, surely? There'd be little time for much promotion.

Something will be announced soon. That Spotify "pre-save" link was on the Island/Universal Music site, and U2's official Twitter account retweeted it. The RSD press release from today says the album is being released 12/1.

Something will be announced soon. That Spotify "pre-save" link was on the Island/Universal Music site, and U2's official Twitter account retweeted it. The RSD press release from today says the album is being released 12/1.

Yeah, good shout. I try to keep my expectations low to avoid disappointment, but I think we must surely be getting something within the next week, certainly by next Friday. Leaving less than a month to build up pre-release promotion would surely be shooting themselves in the foot.

Did the u2songs info say the single was delayed, or the announcement, or both? Maybe they will announce without the new music?

Well if the next single is GOOYOW, and most likely they would stick to the usual Friday release time... leave it to our boys to shoot a day of the dead video, and release it the day after... good lord.
Maybe that’s more signs pointing to The Blackout.

I am actually surprised - GOOYOW sounds like a single.

Agreed. The Blackout would do decently on Alt, rock, and AAA, but I can’t see it getting anywhere on HotAC. But maybe they want to give more variety in style before the album hits, to interest a wider range of listeners.

Bands do less than a month out all the time these days.

Guys, anyone notice the theme of the video shot? What day is coming up soon?

Well this bites goats eating bananas! I was really hoping and sure there would be a new song out tomorrow! Up until when I woke up today and haven't heard anything that's when my hopes started evaporating. But surely if they are going with gooyow and the day of the dead video, it will not be long now. I say even before next Friday. Maybe Wednesday again.

Day of the dead is technically 3 days so they can release the video on Thursday which is the last day and have the song available to buy at midnight on Friday. It would make more sense of course on Wed and have it available at once.

I'm thinking it will be on Wed November 1st exactly a month before the album comes out. Day of the dead, nice and clean month out announcement.

Last edited:
Day of the dead is technically 3 days so they can release the video on Thursday which is the last day and have the song available to buy at midnight on Friday. It would make more sense of course on Wed and have it available at once.

I'm thinking it will be on Wed November 1st exactly a month before the album comes out. Day of the dead, nice and clean month out announcement.

Yep that's what I'm thinking!

I’m not really seeing it. I think we’re forgetting that it’s standard to do the lyric video a week or two before another “official” video. The timing just seems all off for GOOTOW -
no matter what day you hypothesize the release for it to coincide with Day of the dead.
Maybe we’ve read too much into the day of the dead theme and it’s really just more about a colorful street festival sort of thing. Then it could be released whenever and make sense.

The fact that The Blackout was on MLB twice, and then the record store day vinyl, just makes it feel like it leans toward the Blackout for the next song. It would be pretty cool to have a darker, harder song for a follow up to TBT. And even though I really like TBT, I like The Blackout more.
And for the band to do a poppy song, then a rock song, then another pop rock Beautiful Day-ish type song after the album is out makes some sense.
I’ll say one thing. This band never makes it easy to know what the hell is going on.

The rate they're going, the next video compilation will contain more bonus unreleased videos than actual videos that got released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom