SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a gimmicky release one week before the album release. Yay but meh. There has to be more news/another song between now and then.

This is a gimmicky release one week before the album release. Yay but meh. There has to be more news/another song between now and then.

Well The Blackout could come out tomorrow as a digital release, and this is just a special record store day version. No way there isn't another new song before the album. Even though the Blackout isn't totally new... :angry:

Seeing this record store day announcement before the album itself is announced is very weird.

On second thought, have we already talked about how weird it is that the December 1 release date is such an open secret yet the band won't say it outright?

What I'm saying is I don't think it represents "the second single." It's a nod to record store day and doesn't impact the album push IMO. Get Out may still very well come out tomorrow or next week.

Seeing this record store day announcement before the album itself is announced is very weird.

On second thought, have we already talked about how weird it is that the December 1 release date is such an open secret yet the band won't say it outright?

Almost Invisible-esque.

Album scrapped?

I don't know if Third Man records has any input in the mastering of the song for vinyl but just note that Jack White and Third Man usually put out good quality records, with excellent dynamics. So it should be pretty cool.

They put out a vinyl single of ordinary love for record store day and a version of SOI for record store day. This isn't really new for them. Blackout - Black Friday. Makes sense.

In what will come as a surprise to absolutely no one, I think Interference is overthinking it.

U2 is throwing something out there for record store day. This is it. End of story.

100% this. U2 have done a few special releases for Record Store Day & RSD Black Friday to support the local shops. This special event just happens to fall right before the album drops the week after. Nothing to freak out or over-speculate about.

Think its kinda funny that U2Valencia hasn't even bothered to update their cryptic picture of whatever date they are teasing now.

U2songs is now reporting there will be no second single this week, but soon. To me, this makes sense. There’s no reason to rush out a 2nd single and undercut Best Thing. It’s performing relatively well on the charts, arguably better than any song since Bomb, and this allows it time to breathe.

U2songs is now reporting there will be no second single this week, but soon. To me, this makes sense. There’s no reason to rush out a 2nd single and undercut Best Thing. It’s performing relatively well on the charts, arguably better than any song since Bomb, and this allows it time to breathe.

Man that's disappointing. I was really looking forward to new U2 tomorrow.

Only 750 copies are being pressed of The Blackout. Grrr.

The thing is, if you pressed 5000, you would likely sell all 5000. To me this is just going to create an prime opportunity to gouge U2 fans.

I’ll bet a barrel of bananas that by 10a ET on 11/24 if you go on eBay or you name the site, The Blackout RSD vinyl record will be selling for $750 USD minimum.

Too bad

Last edited:
U2 songs asked "someone" about the rumour of the single tomorrow.As if the person they asked was going to say : "Yes definitely, the new single comes out tomorrow". If the single is released tomorrow, there's no way someone working with the band would confirm it...

U2 songs asked "someone" about the rumour of the single tomorrow.As if the person they asked was going to say : "Yes definitely, the new single comes out tomorrow". If the single is released tomorrow, there's no way someone working with the band would confirm it...
They're legit. Their source is legit.

Hmm, odd that it's not happening this week. Between the u2songs rumour (atu2 posted a similar rumour back in september), the sports commercials playing 'Blackout', and the spotify pre-download offer, it really seemed like there was a plan to announce around now.

As has been mentioned, with the sudden prominence of 'Blackout' (snippet played in an interview, another snippet in a commercial, now the vinyl), it certainly seems plausible that they decided at the last minute to swap GOOYOW with this.

That could mean quickly creating a new lyric video, and maybe even re-rehearsing the song to perform instead of GOOYOW at promo appearances. Could have pushed things back by a week or two, maybe?

Having said that, there always have been 'rumblings' before a big announcement...

Before the Joshua Tree tour and the 'Blackout'/'Best Thing' announcement, there was buzz from different fan sites, and from reliable sources posting on this forum, that things were imminent. And whilst that sort of buzz isn't strictly necessary before what is meant as a big, grand surprise announcement, the lack of it was certainly in the back of my mind, and made the lack of reveal this week and last a little less surprising to me.

I'm sure the day or two before we finally get an announcement, there'll inevitably be more rumblings around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom