SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dug the chiptune-sounding synth after I worked out what was going on.

Wow...very cool but surprised it’s not TBT or GOOYOW as they are the singles (I’m assuming about GOOYOW).

It reads that it’s a remix, so Likely not the album version and therefore maybe very rare.

So for, A for the promo releases around this album

"The first physical music from the anticipated new U2 release, SONGS OF EXPERIENCE, due everywhere December 1. The 12” includes the original album version backed by an exclusive remix by the band’s longtime collaborator, Jacknife Lee."

http://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalItem/9917

so.. finally we'll hear the blackout album version!

I don't know how to embed this gloshdarn YouTube video, but here is a link to the music video for "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama, because Bananas.

https://youtu.be/9ePIZugahFc

Anyway - like most here, I'm really happy I saw the Joshua Tree tour. Seeing Exit live was worth the ticket price, and the rest (ehhhh... maybe not the encore so much) was icing on the cake. I'm glad it's over and we get at least one more new album/tour cycle. Hopefully I get the opportunity to see E+I, since I+E was the first tour of theirs I haven't seen since Popmart and that kinda really bums me out.

"The first physical music from the anticipated new U2 release, SONGS OF EXPERIENCE, due everywhere December 1. The 12” includes the original album version backed by an exclusive remix by the band’s longtime collaborator, Jacknife Lee."

http://recordstoreday.com/PromotionalItem/9917

so.. finally we'll hear the blackout album version!

Lol....reading comprehension 101. I was so excited I flossed over that.

hmmmm... The Blackout played on MLB and now Blackout on record store day. Looking like we may have a different second single than anticipated. Not sure I love that idea, and yes partly cause we won't get to hear a new song...

hmmmm... The Blackout played on MLB and now Blackout on record store day. Looking like we may have a different second single than anticipated. Not sure I love that idea, and yes partly cause we won't get to hear a new song...

They shot a day of the dead inspired video for GOOYOW. Don’t worry.

So after the fake reason for the "delay", anyone want to speculate on how much of the record actually reflects Trump and his election?

My guess is going to be very, very little.

I think the Q article pretty much answered that. Sounds like their are a few general references, "democracy flat on its back" statue of liberty getting slapped in the face or something like that.

I think Bono said the political references weren't too overpowering. Even the two that elude to the refugee crisis, don't sound like they are just straight out about that subject.

I for one am glad. I would much rather hear a very personal record from them than a political statement they threw together at the end.

“ It’s like how much more black could this be and the answer is none. None more black.”

_gniloy_500x317.jpg

Last edited:
I for one am glad. I would much rather hear a very personal record from them than a political statement they threw together at the end.

Agree completely!!!

Despite my own very poor opinion of Trump, I think artists and celebrities falling all over themselves to join the "resistance" (i.e. people bored on social media) has gotten boring and embarrassing. I'll be glad if U2 mostly steers clear of that particular cliche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom