SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2’s Twitter page has an updated cover photo of the escalator shot.

But they haven’t tweeted in days and still haven’t mentioned the new album and tour. It’s ok, they only have 1.3 million followers

American Soul will probably be really fun live. I'm digging the sound.

Lyrics are painful as ever. But sonically I'm enjoying it!

Also I like how when I bring it up in Groove Music the album art is a Mastering studio white label with the description "NOT APPROVED FOR RELEASE! For Reference Only."

Even though I hate the kendrick preaching part, the effect on the word "superstars" is extra annoying

Very disappointed in Get Out, second adult alternative contemporary single in a row. Anemic, no balls. Drums are non-existent, sounds like a programmed track. With so many people drawing very clear comparisons to BD, I don't think it's out of line to say this comes off like the band on auto-pilot. It's a good thing The Blackout was released before anything else or I'd have lost all hope. As it stands, my expectations are severely tempered and I imagine it will be a lot like SOI: half pandering tripe, half surprisingly good.

The Blackout has no character and is generic af :/

Gooey Yaw is a cute a little pop song, and is like a revival Always stripped down.

I still say there's enough uncovered ground to do another NA leg in 2019 if they were so inclined.

Winnipeg x2
Edmonton x2 (new arena)
Portland
Salt Lake City
Sacramento (new arena)
Omaha/Lincoln
Fargo
Minneapolis
Milwaukee (new arena)
Detroit (new arena)
Cincinnati/Columbus (I'm not giving up hope!!)
Toronto x2
Ottawa
Quebec City (new arena)
Albany
Hartford x2
NYC x?
Raleigh or Charlotte
Miami x2
Texas x2

That's 20+ showsI admit that's kind of skimpy and involved a lot of single nighters, but it could be done. Even Denver might be due for a revisit by then?

Would love a Salt Lake City show (I'd fly back home to see them there).

Also hoping for Cincinnati...or Lexington, KY! They came to Louisville...come on over to Lex...

The companion album thing is really being hit hard what with "American Soul" making "Volcano"'s bridge its chorus, and with 13's being given the "there is a light" subtitle.

DNkIBUIU8AA_OJ3.jpg

It may vary a bit from venue to venue, but here's the best look at the stage config. It seems to be identical to SoI tour.

So if I get the deluxe CD worth £14 from the U2 site I'm eligible for presale access?

I don't need to buy the super deluxe £80 version to be eligible do I?

Any version

What I don't get is the box set is £70 where as the deluxe cd is £14 and the vinyl is £25 so that's £39. What am I getting extra for £30?

Promotion to the max in the uk just seen a soe advert on sky sports. Saying to pre order now.

The past hour has been ridiculous for a u2 fan

I pre-ordered the box set at U2.com and didn't get any American Soul download. Is this not available for US customers?

Very disappointed in Get Out, second adult alternative contemporary single in a row. Anemic, no balls. Drums are non-existent, sounds like a programmed track. With so many people drawing very clear comparisons to BD, I don't think it's out of line to say this comes off like the band on auto-pilot. It's a good thing The Blackout was released before anything else or I'd have lost all hope. As it stands, my expectations are severely tempered and I imagine it will be a lot like SOI: half pandering tripe, half surprisingly good.

The fucking Tedder effect.

You can't deny the melody, but there doesn't seem to be any emotional impact within the song. Usually there are multiple songs per U2 album that can touch the strings, whether instrumental, or Bono's singing.

SOI and so far this song just seems to be a "good pop song".

Maybe in some time it'll grow and feel differently

Liking Get Out, but Blackout makes me drool. Still think it’s the coolest sounding U2 song in a very long time.

So if you pre-ordered from Amazon there's no way to get American Soul? That's kind of a bummer.

As for GOOYOW, it's not my favorite. It's not terrible or anything. Pretty inoffensive but not the direction I'd like U2 to go in. Hoping it'll grow on me.

I love The Blackout though. Has some of the old U2 swagger to it.

The Blackout has no character and is generic af :/

Gooey Yaw is a cute a little pop song, and is like a revival Always stripped down.

Any version

What I don't get is the box set is £70 where as the deluxe cd is £14 and the vinyl is £25 so that's £39. What am I getting extra for £30?

Some 4 track digipak, a poster, a newspaper and a rigid case (I'm guessing like a "Steelbook" version) for the vinyl.

Yes. The Blackout is the best thing I've heard from this bunch of songs so far. The rest of it just isn't very....good.

I dunno. Am I the only one who thinks U2 is regressing as a band?

Last edited:
So we have a song that's a BD copy cat

then they literally copied the Volcano break guitar line as the chorus of American Soul?

And it still took them 3 years?

I like. Kill me. Think they're both better than the YTBTAM single version (I like the Kygo mix better). And yes I just renewed my U2.com subscription, wondering why I had to (of course I know why, because they ain't going to give me a U2JT password AND a U2EI password on the same subscription...

Nassau Coliseum? What were they thinking? That building is sooooo small now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom