SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the strangest dichotomy I'm seeing is from that Pittsburgh station that had someone describing a few of the songs from a listening party.
He said that Lights of Home was just sort of ok, and wasn't memorable.

Yet, from what we've heard since, it seems like it could be one of the most dynamic and interesting songs on the album... Very interested to hear this one.

This TV scene might be applicable for things like this...

I don't know what I want more

The album news or more of Team Trump indicted haha

Twitter has been fascinating to follow the last two days.

I wonder what time we'll get the album news tomorrow? There has to be some surprise right? Or are they really going for the opposite approach from SOI?

Looks like someone else got a letter with everything blacked out except for the first track "Love Is All We Have Left"

i really just want to see that 13th spot. just to get absolute confirmation if it's called 13 (There is a Light) or just There is a Light...

Actually it still is pretty cool. Strange they didn't get the letters to people starting on the weekend. The day before you announce seems odd.

The letters are getting posted on social media, and very few outlets have picked up on the track list leak. So non-super fans still have no idea, until there is an official release that is blasted all over FB, IG, twitter, etc...

Glad they are doing this sort of thing. Shows they are actually workin for it, and care.

i really just want to see that 13th spot. just to get absolute confirmation if it's called 13 (There is a Light) or just There is a Light...

Might be really tough waiting that one day (at most) for the info. Do you have any Xanax to help you get through this difficult time?

Center stage setup. Not sure if mimics I&E tour but I would assume so. Nov 20th presale expected

Maybe this will at least shut up the people who were arguing that having its final lyrics as the final lyrics of the album signalled a forthcoming breakup.

Let's wait until we hear the actual last song. The final lyrics might actually be "This is our last album, we are retiring. The walrus is Bono."

Let's wait until we hear the actual last song. The final lyrics might actually be "This is our last album, we are retiring. The walrus is Bono."
walrus-oh-yeah.jpg

U2 confirmed for June 21 Boston Garden. Presale in three weeks.

I'm still very surprised they're coming back to North America so soon after playing so extensively this year, but I'll take it!

The talk of revisiting the I+e setup is underwhelming to me, but I suppose it's not too different than using similar arena stages for Elevation and Vertigo. As long as the show is substantially different (jsubbing SOI songs with SOE songs ain't gonna cut it) I'm cool with them reusing what was a very cool stage.

Last edited:
Cool! Thanks so much for the insight Popmartijn. Pretty incredible experience i'm sure.

Glad to here it wasn't blah and forgettable!

I recall that certainly the rhythm section sounded very interesting. It was a bit of a mid-tempo song, certainly not a rocker like The Blackout.

If that's true and the pre sale is in 3 weeks then a ticket album tie looks likely doesn't it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom