SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll do something random, subtle, and cool like closing with Get Out tonight. Probably not.

I thought that same thing. Would be a cool time to play it. But I actually think i'd rather just hear the studio version first this time.

I'll take over 10, but barely. as somebody else mentioned, I think they'll give St. Louis a show.

Maybe Miami, DC or Philadelphia too. other than that, I wouldn't expect too much deviation.

It's more or less guaranteed to be London here. All though London is such an amazing city I'd love to see them in Birmingham (midlands) or even do a mini uk tour. London Birmingham Manchester Glasgow then Belfast and Dublin. The whole of the uk plus Ireland are covered then

They haven't played Birmingham since the elevation tour, I can remember some kids going from school. Still can't believe I missed that tour. Birminghams about 15 minutes from my house.

I'll take over 10, but barely. as somebody else mentioned, I think they'll give St. Louis a show.

Maybe Miami, DC or Philadelphia too. other than that, I wouldn't expect too much deviation.
Not being beholden to the pair of shows concept will allow them to schedule a few more cities without necessarily adding many more shows... but yea, I'm with you... DC, Philly, Miami, Vegas, St. Louis as a pay back for cancelling the JT gig... maybe a show in Texas.

I certainly don't see them hitting up 20-30 different cities like in years past ever again (sorry whatever alter STING is hiding under these days)... but probably a few more cities than i/e

I&E North American tour had 10 cities visited.

Over or Under 10 for E&I tour?

I say over.

Over. Same cities as I+E (except maybe Denver) plus some major cities from JT2017 that didn't get I+E shows (Miami, DC, etc). And don't forget Atlanta (why didn't JT2017 go to Atlanta?)

The more interesting question is if there will be any single dates or if shows will be in pairs, because that will do a lot in dictating the itinerary. A city like Tampa can definitely support one show, but probably not two especially since JT2017 just stopped there.

Not being beholden to the pair of shows concept will allow them to schedule a few more cities without necessarily adding many more shows... but yea, I'm with you... DC, Philly, Miami, Vegas, St. Louis as a pay back for cancelling the JT gig... maybe a show in Texas.

I certainly don't see them hitting up 20-30 different cities like in years past ever again (sorry whatever alter STING is hiding under these days)... but probably a few more cities than i/e

Portland
Utah
Los Angeles
Las Vegas (New Arena)
San Antonio (Austin/South TX market)
Atlanta
St Louis

Northeast (Chicago thru New York)

Over. Same cities as I+E (except maybe Denver) plus some major cities from JT2017 that didn't get I+E shows (Miami, DC, etc). And don't forget Atlanta (why didn't JT2017 go to Atlanta?)

The more interesting question is if there will be any single dates or if shows will be in pairs, because that will do a lot in dictating the itinerary. A city like Tampa can definitely support one show, but probably not two especially since JT2017 just stopped there.
The only reason why they did pairs was because of the original plan of having two unique shows.

NYC: 4 dates with room to add
Boston: 2 dates with room to add
Chicago 2 or 3 dates with room to add
LA 2 or 3 dates with room to add
SF Bay area 2 dates
Seattle or Vancouver 2 dates (likely Vancouver based on recent history)
Toronto 2 dates with room to add
Montreal 2 dates

Single dates in:
St Louis
Atlanta
Houston
Miami or Sunrise
DC or Baltimore
Vegas

c7ec175f429d101dda1e83d49525b959--bananas-eyes.jpg

We've all been waiting for this album since the day of SOI's release in Bono's message to fans. I sincerely hope there's a handful of songs that hit home for me. It's been quite the wait through everything that's gone on the past 3 years.

It’s hard to disagree that there are signs from the live versions of TLTTGYA and The Blackout that this feels like a step up from SOI - which I thought was probably their best since Attyclub as a whole album.

I know that is a sweeping statement based on not much, but there are qualities in those songs, X factors that have been missing in the last 2 albums.

It’s hard to disagree that there are signs from the live versions of TLTTGYA and The Blackout that this feels like a step up from SOI - which I thought was probably their best since Attyclub as a whole album.

I know that is a sweeping statement based on not much, but there are qualities in those songs, X factors that have been missing in the last 2 albums.

This is exactly how I feel at the moment and I can’t way to hear them properly!

U2 need to show love for their fans by calling one of their remixes The Banana Mix.
Or havinga banana 'easter egg' in a photo/interview.
Eating one on a talk show.

Come on lads. I know you read this forum fastidiously.

Seems appropriate that this is going to be the thread we actually will get an album announcement in

We've all been waiting for this album since the day of SOI's release in Bono's message to fans. I sincerely hope there's a handful of songs that hit home for me. It's been quite the wait through everything that's gone on the past 3 years.

It has been crazy.
The Apple thing.
The Paris attacks and concert.
The thought we were getting a quick follow up.
Thinking there was going to be a quick, few city stops on a JT tour.
Tour extended.
Then again.
Then again.
Little Things played on tour.
Possible album cover displayed.
Kygo mix of TBT.
Thinking another one off single or some announcement was imminent.
Heard a cat video
Adam declared SOE being born
they made up an excuse about rethinking the album after Trump,
Blackout FB live,
TBT released,
bunch of different versions and videos.
Fallon performance
Track listing getting whittled down,
GOOYOW video clip,
tour wrapping,
U2 played 7 times during the World Series.... now what?

I’m sure I’m missing a lot.

It has been crazy.
The Apple thing.
The Paris attacks and concert.
The thought we were getting a quick follow up.
Thinking there was going to be a quick, few city stops on a JT tour.
Tour extended.
Then again.
Then again.
Little Things played on tour.
Possible album cover displayed.
Kygo mix of TBT.
Thinking another one off single or some announcement was imminent.
Heard a cat video
Adam declared SOE being born
they made up an excuse about rethinking the album after Trump,
Blackout FB live,
TBT released,
bunch of different versions and videos.
Fallon performance
Track listing getting whittled down,
GOOYOW video clip,
tour wrapping,
U2 played 7 times during the World Series.... now what?

I’m sure I’m missing a lot.
Bananas. You forgot the bananas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom