SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNdnUUlXkAASKNU.jpg:large

new letters out to u2.com subscribers. showing up in UK so far

My guess is that they are going to send out 13 different copies with one song uncovered to different groups of U2.com members, so people will post them on social media and piece together the complete album... Until @U2 ruined it :angry:

My guess is that they are going to send out 13 different copies with one song uncovered to different groups of U2.com members, so people will post them on social media and piece together the complete album... Until @U2 ruined it :angry:
If that was their plan, that's freaking awesome.

Based on the interviews, it sounds like they recently tweeked the track order and completed track 13 (an outro?). This probably explains the "delay" with the official announcement. Nov 1 seems like a nice round number!

Where is this SFS thing coming from? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything even close to credible that suggests that 13 is a remake of SFS.

Based on the interviews, it sounds like they recently tweeked the track order and completed track 13 (an outro?). This probably explains the "delay" with the official announcement. Nov 1 seems like a nice round number!

Where is this SFS thing coming from? Sounds like a terrible idea.

I think its a joke since "there is a light" is a lyric in SFS.

IF.... (oh god please no) there is some linkage between this 13 song and SFS's lyric perhaps it's simply a minute long outro ala "Saturday Night" was at the end of Boy... or hey maybe it's a cover of this...

well on the @U2 Twitter channel they said this (re-posting here again)

So there really are only 12 songs on the album. If 13 is a rework of SFS, then obviously it would be a bonus track. Or hopefully, the @u2 twitter thing is just full of sh*t

Oh that's incredible. In a way, I hope it is a remake of SFS just to troll the "Omg it's the worst song ever" folks.

Oh that's incredible. In a way, I hope it is a remake of SFS just to troll the "Omg it's the worst song ever" folks.

The same song with more "RAWK" guitar dubbed over it. Also produced by Ryan Tedder. Interference would implode upon itself.

Or maybe the "reworking"............shall...............wait for it...............make it....................better?!?

Instead of harkening back to SOI, I hope "13" is a moody outro tying into War. The Psalms angle seems apropos for this sort of personal album/closer.

I think I am one of the few here that really liked SFS. I get it's a simple arrangement but the lyrics are relatable and the chorus soars a bit and it's a beautiful song.

As far as "remake" on SOE......well, I wouldn't want it on the album proper because that's just weird. As a bonus track I would be okay with it but I'd rather have a new song.

Either way, I'm excited for the release and everything is just speculation at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom