SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
X3389-01.jpg

It was always funny that the cassette being a smaller medium still got TJT cover somewhat right but the bigger format CD used a blurry & stretched image. Granted the longbox kind of made up for it, but this cover was confusing when long boxes were phased out.

Holy shit 13 official tracks + 1 bonus new one? :hyper:

Wow, 13 songs on the regular album. The longest U2 album ever, if you discount the live stuff on Rattle and Hum.

Well, we don't know long the tracks are, or the total running time of the album. Pop not only had 12 songs like AB but the average song length was like 5 minutes. Is an extra song enough to put it over the 60 minute mark? We'll see.

Well, we don't know long the tracks are, or the total running time of the album. Pop not only had 12 songs like AB but the average song length was like 5 minutes. Is an extra song enough to put it over the 60 minute mark? We'll see.

Most number of tracks, anyway. And I doubt any of these are going to be little mood pieces. Bet that almost all of them are around the cosy 4-5 minute mark, with Little Things and maybe one other a bit longer.

Also, probably five or six of them will never get played live.

Yeah, even if the average song length is 4.5 minutes, it will fall a little short of Pop. But you never know, one epic track could tip the difference.

I'm guessing 13 might be Psalm 13 too?

How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,

4 and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the Lord’s praise,
for he has been good to me.

Now all I can think of is the imminent debate of whether or not they should have kept Little Things as the last track.

Maybe this will at least shut up the people who were arguing that having its final lyrics as the final lyrics of the album signalled a forthcoming breakup.

How laughable. So we've got:

- "The Showman" can't be left as just that, it has to include a second, infinitely worse title in brackets
- Three songs with vapid noun-preposition-noun titles
- Five titles with at least six words
- Three songs with the word 'love'
- Two songs that lead off with the word 'love'
- Several songs with titles that are needlessly wordy
- One title featuring a phrase used in a single from the previous album
- A remix with a stupid title that no one asked for

Great! Awesome!

How laughable. So we've got:

- "The Showman" can't be left as just that, it has to include a second, infinitely worse title in brackets
- Three songs with vapid noun-preposition-noun titles
- Five titles with at least six words
- Three songs with the word 'love'
- Two songs that lead off with the word 'love'
- Several songs with titles that are needlessly wordy
- One title featuring a phrase used in a single from the previous album
- A remix with a stupid title that no one asked for

Great! Awesome!
You're just a little ray of sunshine ?

The Blackout really sticks out as the one kinda cool title.

But let's hope that maybe Songs of Love Thing Way will be good despite its silly titles.

I'm just wondering if there'll be a song in between little more better and much more better

Kudos for putting an energetic song towards the end of the album. They could have easily opened with The Blackout.

Not the most inspired set of song titles, but eh, what's in a name ;) Besides, I'm still intrigued by the Kite-esque approach to the subject matter, yo

Hot take: most of U2's album covers have been blandly unmemorable or outright bad. The ONLY interesting ones were Pop, Rattle & Hum, and War.

Hot take: most of U2's album covers have been blandly unmemorable or outright bad. The ONLY interesting ones were Pop, Rattle & Hum, and War.

Say what you will about Zooropa's cover, it's definitely interesting.

Factually incorrect. Zooropa was judged Best Album Cover of the Nineties by a panel of experts. Achtung Baby was judged 4th and Pop 8th in the same international competition.

Incidentally The Joshua Tree was voted Most Iconic Album Cover of the Eighties by a collection of modernart gallery owners and enthusiasts.

Nb: The above is not true. But they are great covers.

Was thinking about the covers the other day

Boy - good covers, sums up we're u2 were and obviously ties in with the title

October - terrible cover

War - decent cover with the boy tie in

Unforgettable fire - good cover, ties in with were the album was recorded

Joshua tree - iconic cover

Rattle and hum - great cover

Achtung baby - not a massive fan of the cover but my favourite album.

Zooropa - alright cover I suppose

Pop- don't like it,terrible cover

Atyclb - great cover I think, big record for u2

Bomb - terrible cover

Nloth - decent enough cover I think

Soi - horrendous cover, worst one by a mile, not a fan at all

Soe - crap cover in my opinion

Around 50/50 for bad and good.

Joshua tree and atyclb being my two favourites

To complete the pattern, shouldn't the SOA cover feature Adam's kid?

The pattern will be complete when Leo releases his debut rap album Songs Of Revenge, exposing the truth of his heritage. The cover will be him staring up at a poster of Bono from the No Line period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom