SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Registered Dude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The old thread hit 1000 posts and turned into another Boots discussion.. time for a new one

Songs!
Love Is All We Have Left
The Blackout
You're The Best Thing About Me
Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
Get Out Of Your Own Way
The Showman
The Lights Of Home
Summer Of Love
American Soul
Red Flag Day
The Little Things That Give You Away

Producers!
Jolyon Thomas
Ryan Tedder
Andy Barlow
Steve Lillywhite
Jacknife Lee

Discuss!

Just to clarify, is Tightrope still a thing or possibility of a 12th song? And/or Civilization? Or was civilization another name for Blackout?
Also, i find it strange that The Lights of Home keeps being mentioned as a favorite by Bono and Edge, yet i think i remember people that have heard it weren't impressed.

Just to clarify, is Tightrope still a thing or possibility of a 12th song? And/or Civilization? Or was civilization another name for Blackout?

Tightrope hasn't been mentioned for a good 18 months or so.. I'd say it's out, along with Instrument Flying, maybe Much More Better?

Same with Civ - which definitely sounds like what we know as Blackout (massive drum roll, references to extinction level events, democracy, etc)

if we're getting 12 songs though, there's another to be announced

Last edited:
Tightrope hasn't been mentioned for a good 18 months or so.. I'd say it's out, along with Instrument Flying, maybe Much More Better?

Same with Civ - which definitely sounds like what we know as Blackout (massive drum roll, references to extinction level events, democracy, etc)

if we're getting 12 songs though, there's another to be announced

Didn't we remember a 12th active song title in the previous thread?

My impression was that Tightrope and Civilization were both proto-Blackouts.

"Civilisation" was being worked on during Innocence + Experience Tour rehearsals in Apr/May 2015.

"Tightrope" was apparently written around the time the Entertainment Weekly article mentioning it in Oct 2015 was written.

yeah, I think you forgot "Much More Better" which is probably very easy to do...

I left out Much More Better, and Landlady. Neither has been mentioned by band or legit press since Feb 2016 Mojo feature. Everything else has been mentioned in last 12 months

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by The Showman, and its supposed 50s rock influence. Not a sound/era U2 have explored before, really.

It's also not really an era that seems a great fit with U2's strengths..

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by The Showman, and its supposed 50s rock influence. Not a sound/era U2 have explored before, really.

It's also not really an era that seems a great fit with U2's strengths..

The Showman probably sounds just as much like '50s rock as TBT sounds like "punk Supremes."

U2songs reporting that we should get the album announcement around October 20.
Also, JT tour film info!

u2songs | The Crystal Ball: What's Up Next |

They wouldnt post that if they werent sure, or at least confident, that the rumors will prove true

EDIT: some informed speculation about single #2 coinciding with album announcement too!

Last edited:
"We’re also told the announcement in October may include an announcement of tour dates for the Experience and Innocence tour, expected to start in late March 2018"

omg omg omg

I dont think so - though I may have missed something? the only mention of it was this and that article turned out to be BS

Hmm. Well if one still wants to be optimistic re: a 12-track album, we could argue that it would be surprising if EVERY song had been mentioned already; I feel with usual lead-up reporting there's always a sleeper track or two that doesn't get revealed until later in the game.

U2songs reporting that we should get the album announcement around October 20.
Also, JT tour film info!

u2songs | The Crystal Ball: What's Up Next |

They wouldnt post that if they werent sure, or at least confident, that the rumors will prove true

EDIT: some informed speculation about single #2 coinciding with album announcement too!

Well, I still think it's weird to have so much of the tour's content be about the USA and not film the official video here. At least the crowd energy in South America will be good. Having said that, this thing is already going to be a major missed opportunity with the almost-certain absence of A Sort Of Homecoming.

Last edited:
Pouring this one out to the boys who still think TBT might be a hit.

Well I mean it could still be a minor radio hit, getting moderate to high airplay on various radio formats (AAA, Alternative, Hot AC).

But yeah, it's not going to be a breakout Top 40 smash at this point. Signs are pointing to a second single in about a month, so they're probably hoping that TBT does at least something on radio between now and then. Of course, that's a very small fraction of what you need for a hit (of which the major components are streaming like Spotify and Youtube)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom