SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Dunedin produced the best music scene in the world, so there's that.

Not much I enjoy more than wandering around downtown Dunedin on a fine day listening to The Chills, The Clean, The Bats, Straitjacket Fits, etc.

Our Dunedin produced the best music scene in the world, so there's that.

Not much I enjoy more than wandering around downtown Dunedin on a fine day listening to The Chills, The Clean, The Bats, Straitjacket Fits, etc.
My god you're a man of taste and class

I'm on tour in South Africa. Currently going from Bloemfontein to Kimberley. New Zealand is a dream destination for me... someday hopefully. Will def check out Dunedin if I make it there.

Well, since I've been on tour haven't been on here for a while. Anything happening? Would guess not, since this thread is still alive.

Do you have any idea how close I came to throwing down a shocking amount of money on the Chills documentary Kickstarter to get a personal tour of Dunedin by Martin Phillipps, or even more to get a personal concert? The man's my musical hero.

I've never actually been to the original Dunedin, or anywhere in Scotland. But god, travel around Otago and Southland enough and you can almost trick yourself into believing you've been anyway.

The view from one tree hill, seeing the other hills of options I had, plus the water... it's very reminiscent of exactly what going up Arthur's seat feels like in Edinburgh. So, I can see why settlers from Scotland may have chosen that name?

The view from one tree hill, seeing the other hills of options I had, plus the water... it's very reminiscent of exactly what going up Arthur's seat feels like in Edinburgh. So, I can see why settlers from Scotland may have chosen that name?

Yeah I hear you, but Dunedin is so much more Edinburgh-like it's uncanny. And just for added effect all the street names/suburbs are lifted straight from Edinburgh.

What are you in NZ for? Are you partaking in our widely regarded and extensive space exploration programme? (actually we don't even have an air force, let alone a space programme...)

Yeah I hear you, but Dunedin is so much more Edinburgh-like it's uncanny. And just for added effect all the street names/suburbs are lifted straight from Edinburgh.

What are you in NZ for? Are you partaking in our widely regarded and extensive space exploration programme? (actually we don't even have an air force, let alone a space programme...)

I realize I just made a gross generalization of all of New Zealand and that Auckland and Dunedin probably look very little alike.

You do have a space program, and you've had it before the Aussies who just announced theirs. You have an American-Kiwi company here in Auckland called Rocket Lab, that launches from here in New Zealand.

But that's not what I'm here for. I mean, hey, I would love to work there, I have applications out with them! Doesn't seem like they're hiring my speciality though. But yeah, I was in Australia for a conference, and now I'm just having fun.

Huh. I'm mates with his manager. Come on down, have a beer and a jam with him.

Hah, small world, I know his manager loosely. Not well enough to score a beer and a jam though!

I'm coming across next month but alas only the North Island. I'll fit in a Dunedin trip soon hopefully, though! I miss the place. It's been almost 3 years since I was last there.

So a week today we could have an announcement and a new song. If we're really lucky tour dates aswell :)

The YouTube stats are really surprising though, possibly anomalous, when you compare them with the chart performance and the last.fm stats. There are other songs with notable discrepancies between various platforms but Ordinary Love sticks out even among them.

If you stand on the hill at midnight and sing the song backwards three times into a mirror, Bono appears.
Is last.fm really a good barometer? People still have to load a plug in to have their tracks counted, right? I haven't used it in like 10 years...

I'm going to Queenstown tomorrow. What can U tell me 2 do there

Best part of NZ is Queenstown/Wanaka.

There plenty of touristy things like shot over jet, gondola etc. lots of good wineries. Arrow town is nice. I love the skipper’s canyon area, but it can be a scary drive - park at the top and walk through the amazing mountains

U2Songs put together a nice piece on what the 12 tracks will likely be. Also, Landlady still exists.. (" song about Ali, who worked and helped to support the band in the early days while they were still building their career.")

u2songs | Songs of Experience Track List |

in no particular order...

1. American Soul
2. Get Out Of Your Own Way
3. Landlady
4. Love is All We Have Left
5. Love is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
6. Summer of Love
7. The Blackout
8. The Lights of Home
9. The Little Things That Give You Away
10. The Showman
11. You’re The Best Thing About Me
12. Red Flag Day

All together now: Fuck You, "Much More Better"!

Last edited:
I'm going to Queenstown tomorrow. What can U tell me 2 do there

To build on what Smee just posted:

GO TO WANAKA.

One of my favourite places in the whole world. I doubt I will ever tire of exploring the shores of Lakes Wanaka and Hawea. The scenery, the wine, the outdoor activities... it's amazing. And Francesca's Italian Kitchen does sinfully good dinner. I also once found a restaurant there - I've forgotten the name - that had no idea about the value of the Yamazaki whisky they had so I basically spent a whole evening knocking back incredible whisky for next-to-nothing and never regretted the headache.

My family is from Central Otago, so I would be failing my forebears if I didn't tell you to eat and drink some local produce. The area was known for its fruit, but it's now known for wine. Central Otago pinot noir is the best in the world.

U2Songs put together a nice piece on what the 12 tracks will likely be. Also, Landlady still exists.. (" song about Ali, who worked and helped to support the band in the early days while they were still building their career.")

u2songs | Songs of Experience Track List |

in no particular order...

1. American Soul
2. Get Out Of Your Own Way
3. Landlady
4. Love is All We Have Left
5. Love is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
6. Summer of Love
7. The Blackout
8. The Lights of Home
9. The Little Things That Give You Away
10. The Showman
11. You’re The Best Thing About Me
12. Red Flag Day

All together now: Fuck You, "Much More Better"!

I'm fresh and furious that there is no mention of Fresh and Furious.

I am happy that some news about the album has at last broken out to throw out the streets argument to the street.

To build on what Smee just posted:

GO TO WANAKA.

One of my favourite places in the whole world. I doubt I will ever tire of exploring the shores of Lakes Wanaka and Hawea. The scenery, the wine, the outdoor activities... it's amazing. And Francesca's Italian Kitchen does sinfully good dinner. I also once found a restaurant there - I've forgotten the name - that had no idea about the value of the Yamazaki whisky they had so I basically spent a whole evening knocking back incredible whisky for next-to-nothing and never regretted the headache.

My family is from Central Otago, so I would be failing my forebears if I didn't tell you to eat and drink some local produce. The area was known for its fruit, but it's now known for wine. Central Otago pinot noir is the best in the world.

Central Otago wines kick the ever-living shit out of the catpiss from Marlborough.

Except Framingham. They are incredible.

Central Otago wines kick the ever-living shit out of the catpiss from Marlborough.

Except Framingham. They are incredible.

:up:

If you ever try the 36 Bottles pinot noir I will be very interested in your opinion for Reasons.

hmmmm...

Looks like the "longer version" video of GOOYOW has been taken off of Youtube. There is still one video of the first windy version.

:up:

If you ever try the 36 Bottles pinot noir I will be very interested in your opinion for Reasons.

Haven’t seen it anywhere. I tried all the central Otago pinots at The Winery in Queesntown. What a place to spend an afternoon! The credit card was hurting! Valli, Burn Cottage, and Bald Hills are gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom