SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing embarrassing? They filmed part of a music video in front of the Tribute in Light.
I got douchechills.
View attachment 11488

agreed, but TBH I thought the video was going to be even worse than it is... now it does indeed suck and is pretty embarrassing, but I am not a fan of videos at all so I am probably not a great judge...

and I am not surprised by all the adulation it's getting around here...

agreed, but TBH I thought the video was going to be even worse than it is... now it does indeed suck and is pretty embarrassing, but I am not a fan of videos at all so I am probably not a great judge...

and I am not surprised by all the adulation it's getting around here...

Let's be honest u2 have never been great at videos have they.

I don't mind this one , shows the band as human beings having abit of fun and not egotistical rock stars which alot of people think they are

Compared to the awful videos of boots and miracle which looked like videos I could do myself on the computer, the best thing is loads better

The Good and the interesting:

NYD
Pride
With Or Without You
Still Haven't Found..
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
The AB/Zooropa video era

The bad and the ugly? it's all subjective but....

Young man I was once in you shoes....
NFL Stuck
All Because Of Flatbeds
Windows 7 In the Skies
Get Offa Your Boots
The Miracle Of Adobe

The Good and the interesting:

NYD
Pride
With Or Without You
Still Haven't Found..
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
The AB/Zooropa video era

The bad and the ugly? it's all subjective but....

Young man I was once in you shoes....
NFL Stuck
All Because Of Flatbeds
Windows 7 In the Skies
Get Offa Your Boots
The Miracle Of Adobe

I'd put Sweetest Thing, Miss Sarajevo, HMTMKMKM, and BD in the Best column, all memorable and perfectly fitting the style the band were in at the time, and their age. For that reason, you can go ahead and dump Discotheque and Tomb Raider Elevation in the Worst column for being pretty cringe worthy.

I'd put Sweetest Thing, Miss Sarajevo, HMTMKMKM, and BD in the Best column, all memorable and perfectly fitting the style the band were in at the time, and their age. For that reason, you can go ahead and dump Discotheque and Tomb Raider Elevation in the Worst column for being pretty cringe worthy.

I liked Discotheque but agree on Elevation. I also think both Walk On vids were cool and I really like ABOY and SYCMIOYO.

Vertigo is dreadful, which is shocking given how popular the song was that you would think they would want a cool video to go along with it.

I liked Discotheque but agree on Elevation. I also think both Walk On vids were cool and I really like ABOY and SYCMIOYO.

Vertigo is dreadful, which is shocking given how popular the song was that you would think they would want a cool video to go along with it.

Yeah Vertigo was abhorrent. We also need to put the bizarre animation video for IGCIIDGCT--which is a total mirror opposite to what the song seems to be conveying--in the worst.

And Streets belongs in the Best column for all the reasons I think ABOY belongs in the worst. Streets was bold, creative, and a real statement. One day I was home sick from school and saw it on MTV five times in what felt like two hours. It was a star making video. But after Rage copied that recipe, and with how forced the reaction seemed to a mediocre song (I dislike 90% of Bomb, so I'm biased), I think ABOY was a dud for me. Stuck, however, is excellent.

IMHO.......
STUCK NFL video is very very good as is WITS video with band members' old photos. In fact, other WITS video with many other bands is also praiseworthy.

WGRYWH is a very poor video. It is my favourite ever U2 song, but the video does it no justice - just a very lazy compilation of live footage with a very exhausted bono infront of a white background. Cheap as hell, however, I suppose it was the 5th single from the album afterall... but it deserved better!

Let's be honest u2 have never been great at videos have they.

:huh:

that's fucking absurd.

streets
still haven't found
the fly
ebttrt
one
lemon
numb
stay
hmtmkmkm
lnoe
discotheque

these are all classic music videos and i'm not even thinking of half their career here. i'm still forgetting some great ones i'm sure.

WGRYWH is a very poor video. It is my favourite ever U2 song, but the video does it no justice - just a very lazy compilation of live footage with a very exhausted bono infront of a white background. Cheap as hell, however, I suppose it was the 5th single from the album afterall... but it deserved better!

Not to pile on after people were ridiculously rude to you, but that video was my life when I was 15! My friends and I wore out the VHS rewinding it and watching constantly. The part when he drops the f bomb was amazing. I just watched it yesterday and I was 15 again. Lol!

:huh:

that's fucking absurd.

streets
still haven't found
the fly
ebttrt
one
lemon
numb
stay
hmtmkmkm
lnoe
discotheque

these are all classic music videos and i'm not even thinking of half their career here. i'm still forgetting some great ones i'm sure.

Beautiful Day might be their best....the airplane take off at the end is really cool and the airport shots are pretty cool too

Not to pile on after people were ridiculously rude to you, but that video was my life when I was 15! My friends and I wore out the VHS rewinding it and watching constantly. The part when he drops the f bomb was amazing. I just watched it yesterday and I was 15 again. Lol!

Perfectly ok - you're discussing U2, nothing like the other thread where people were throwing insults at me. Disagreeing with opinions on U2 videos is fine.

I guess, in my case, I was dissapointed by the video. I fell in love with the song when I first heard AB back in the late 90's when I first became a U2 fan. Then I learned it was released as a single, so then I got excited at the prospect of seeing a video for it, only to find out it was more of a live-footage mashup.

I used to have a Saturday morning ritual where I'd watch the best of 90-00 dvd.

Perfectly ok - you're discussing U2, nothing like the other thread where people were throwing insults at me. Disagreeing with opinions on U2 videos is fine.

I guess, in my case, I was dissapointed by the video. I fell in love with the song when I first heard AB back in the late 90's when I first became a U2 fan. Then I learned it was released as a single, so then I got excited at the prospect of seeing a video for it, only to find out it was more of a live-footage mashup.

I just want them to play it live FFS.

Not a great video but I do like that they left in Bono's f-bomb after he flubs the line. I think it's just not a standout among several classics.

The subpar video for WGRYWH wasn't the crime; it was releasing that neutered, poppy Temple Bar mix as the single version instead of what was on the album, which was my favorite track on there (and probably still is).

I guess it's proof that even that far back they were second-guessing.

When I'm in the right mood, uteotw into wgrywh from Stockholm is pretty much perfect

The subpar video for WGRYWH wasn't the crime; it was releasing that neutered, poppy Temple Bar mix as the single version instead of what was on the album, which was my favorite track on there (and probably still is).

I guess it's proof that even that far back they were second-guessing.

Right, because no one has ever released a "single mix" of a song in the past? :scratch:

I can appreciate either or, so the Temple Bar mix is fine. As is the album version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom