SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-22-2017, 10:08 PM   #46
War Child
 
TinKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 725
Local Time: 07:00 AM
Much More Better Than The Little Things That Give You Away
__________________

__________________
TinKnight is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #47
The Fly
 
shika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 294
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I honestly want stadiums, even though my fondness for a venue works in inverse proportion to its size. I'm no longer fanatical enough to go to the 4, 6, 8, however many shows they need to play in Melbourne or Sydney to meet demand, and I know that whichever two shows I attend will not have whatever special rarity the band have unearthed and play on just one night.


I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, stadium shows are what we are used to in Australia (for U2) but as I've never seen them in an arena I'm hoping for that experience. In terms of expense and time off work, fatigue from multiple shows etc, stadiums are much more convenient. I'm not optimistic that Australia will get anything next year, quite frankly. I hope I'm proven wrong.
__________________

__________________
shika is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 11:43 PM   #48
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 150,811
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sken View Post
This report is dated August 2017:
Report: new U2 album coming on December 1st | KSHE 95

Dave Fanning reviewed five of the new songs featured on the upcoming Songs From Experience:

"You're The Best Thing About Me": "Sounds like the Edge has been replaced by Chic genius Nile Rogers. A pulsating tune for late summer."

"The Little Things That Give You Away": "Thousands fled Croker when U2 played this unknown track as an encore. You should have stayed for this piano-led tune. Edge’s guitar makes this a U2 classic."

"Much More Better": "Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014."

"The Showman": "Bono channels The Beatles circa their Rubber Soul era in a song he stresses is about other singers. I love the lyrics: 'The showman give you front row to his heart / The shaman prays that his heartache will chart / Making a spectacle of falling apart is the heart of the show.'"

"Summer Of Love": "U2 always had real tunes. Bono described this as 'achingly beautiful and empty.' I agree."
This is the report Registered Dude has derided as BS.

And Dave Fanning is not the reviewer.

It's from the Irish Sun originally, and the article includes quotes from Fanning but the comments about the songs are just credited to "our man". Possibly that's the article author at the Sun. Or it is a way of avoiding having to identify anyone so they can pass off old comments from past reviews as new content.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #49
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,090
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shika View Post
I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, stadium shows are what we are used to in Australia (for U2) but as I've never seen them in an arena I'm hoping for that experience. In terms of expense and time off work, fatigue from multiple shows etc, stadiums are much more convenient. I'm not optimistic that Australia will get anything next year, quite frankly. I hope I'm proven wrong.
Yeah, couldn't have put it better. It'd be a nice problem to have either way.
__________________
kabigon is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:54 AM   #50
Refugee
 
Sken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,025
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
This is the report Registered Dude has derided as BS.

And Dave Fanning is not the reviewer.

It's from the Irish Sun originally, and the article includes quotes from Fanning but the comments about the songs are just credited to "our man". Possibly that's the article author at the Sun. Or it is a way of avoiding having to identify anyone so they can pass off old comments from past reviews as new content.
Bugger, I was really looking forward to hearing Much More Better.

Due to its title, it's kinda got a little cult following now, it would drive me nuts not hear it, despite whatever quality it ends up being.
__________________
Sken is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Registered Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NWT
Posts: 4,590
Local Time: 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sken View Post
This report is dated August 2017:
Report: new U2 album coming on December 1st | KSHE 95

Dave Fanning reviewed five of the new songs featured on the upcoming Songs From Experience:

"You're The Best Thing About Me": "Sounds like the Edge has been replaced by Chic genius Nile Rogers. A pulsating tune for late summer."

"The Little Things That Give You Away": "Thousands fled Croker when U2 played this unknown track as an encore. You should have stayed for this piano-led tune. Edge’s guitar makes this a U2 classic."

"Much More Better": "Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014."

"The Showman": "Bono channels The Beatles circa their Rubber Soul era in a song he stresses is about other singers. I love the lyrics: 'The showman give you front row to his heart / The shaman prays that his heartache will chart / Making a spectacle of falling apart is the heart of the show.'"

"Summer Of Love": "U2 always had real tunes. Bono described this as 'achingly beautiful and empty.' I agree."
No - this is the same bs article I called out before. It's not true, dude heard fuck all, except Little Things, like the rest of us. It's just recycled MOJO quotes
__________________
Registered Dude is online now  
Old 09-23-2017, 07:11 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Registered Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NWT
Posts: 4,590
Local Time: 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
This is the report Registered Dude has derided as BS.

And Dave Fanning is not the reviewer.

It's from the Irish Sun originally, and the article includes quotes from Fanning but the comments about the songs are just credited to "our man". Possibly that's the article author at the Sun. Or it is a way of avoiding having to identify anyone so they can pass off old comments from past reviews as new content.
Oops, yes, thanks Ax.
__________________
Registered Dude is online now  
Old 09-23-2017, 07:12 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Registered Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NWT
Posts: 4,590
Local Time: 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sken View Post
Bugger, I was really looking forward to hearing Much More Better.

Due to its title, it's kinda got a little cult following now, it would drive me nuts not hear it, despite whatever quality it ends up being.
We still might! Though I'm hoping for at least one new surprise title
__________________
Registered Dude is online now  
Old 09-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #54
Refugee
 
hasin73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangladesh.
Posts: 1,234
Local Time: 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
We still might! Though I'm hoping for at least one new surprise title
MUCH MOST BEST....... how about that ?
__________________
hasin73 is online now  
Old 09-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #55
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,090
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Get out of your own deluded hypotheses
__________________
kabigon is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #56
War Child
 
Jarvio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 637
Local Time: 03:00 PM
To the people that like the title "Much More Better", i'm sorry but you can't be serious??

It's hard to tell online whether people are joking or not, but if this title actually makes it onto the album, I am declaring Bono insane.
__________________
Jarvio is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 11:41 AM   #57
Refugee
 
ImOuttaControl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,333
Local Time: 09:00 AM
I like a unique title. It's much more better than most if their recent titles which are way too long.
__________________
ImOuttaControl is online now  
Old 09-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #58
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,090
Local Time: 02:00 AM
I like instrument flying. It makes me think of kite flying, except the kite is a piano held up by a piece of string.
__________________
kabigon is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #59
War Child
 
Jarvio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 637
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOuttaControl View Post
I like a unique title. It's much more better than most if their recent titles which are way too long.
While I agree that they have many overly long recent titles that are awful, they are all still much more better than much more better, infact much more better will be their worst EVER title in my eyes if it becomes official
__________________
Jarvio is offline  
Old 09-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #60
Refugee
 
hasin73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangladesh.
Posts: 1,234
Local Time: 09:00 PM
Worst title ever, much more better.
__________________

__________________
hasin73 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com