SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-22-2017, 04:19 PM   #31
War Child
 
pacemaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 552
Local Time: 08:51 PM
The U2songs dude/dudette is a chill homie in my book.
__________________

__________________
pacemaker is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #32
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,865
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
I'm intrigued by The Showman, and its supposed 50s rock influence. Not a sound/era U2 have explored before, really.

It's also not really an era that seems a great fit with U2's strengths..
The only thing I can envision that would sound like that is Angel of Harlem.
__________________

__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 09-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #33
War Child
 
aMansAman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vienna/Europe
Posts: 639
Local Time: 03:51 AM
As Bonos song descriptions are more often misleading than accurate, I won't be surprised if The Showman is a Late Seventies Joy Division in Manchester type of tune rather than Fifties Beatles in Hamburg.

Red Flag Day was mentioned during the summer listening sessions? Hope it's on SOE. A song title without "way" , "away" or "love" in it is a good thing
__________________
aMansAman is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #34
Babyface
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Local Time: 01:51 AM
"Lincoln's ghost says "get out of your own way".

Seriously Bono?
__________________
MattD is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #35
Refugee
 
RoKKeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,579
Local Time: 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
U2songs reporting that we should get the album announcement around October 20.
Also, JT tour film info!

u2songs | The Crystal Ball: What's Up Next |

They wouldnt post that if they werent sure, or at least confident, that the rumors will prove true


EDIT: some informed speculation about single #2 coinciding with album announcement too!
This all checks out to me.
__________________
RoKKeR is online now  
Old 09-22-2017, 07:21 PM   #36
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 273
Local Time: 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinKnight View Post
"We’re also told the announcement in October may include an announcement of tour dates for the Experience and Innocence tour, expected to start in late March 2018"

omg omg omg
Australia better be included in that announcement.
__________________
jeffarido is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 PM   #37
Y2K
Refugee
 
Y2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,257
Local Time: 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattD View Post
"Lincoln's ghost says "get out of your own way".

Seriously Bono?
I have a feeling Lincoln's ghost might have other things to say first:

"Go back in time and warn myself not to go to the theater!"
"What is my face doing on the most worthless US currency?"

If Bono needs another "things" song title, he can have "Things Lincoln's Ghost Would Say".
__________________
Y2K is online now  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #38
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,090
Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffarido View Post
Australia better be included in that announcement.
Late March onwards pretty much rules out stadiums at least.
__________________
kabigon is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #39
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 150,811
Local Time: 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
Late March onwards pretty much rules out stadiums at least.
I honestly want stadiums, even though my fondness for a venue works in inverse proportion to its size. I'm no longer fanatical enough to go to the 4, 6, 8, however many shows they need to play in Melbourne or Sydney to meet demand, and I know that whichever two shows I attend will not have whatever special rarity the band have unearthed and play on just one night.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 09:35 PM   #40
Refugee
 
hasin73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangladesh.
Posts: 1,234
Local Time: 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
I left out Much More Better, and Landlady. Neither has been mentioned by band or legit press since Feb 2016 Mojo feature. Everything else has been mentioned in last 12 months
I can't exactly recall where I have seen a picture of Bono and Edge this year recording a song or some songs and there was clearly the mention of MUCH MORE BETTER. Probably some instagram or twitter image.
__________________
hasin73 is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 09:51 PM   #41
Refugee
 
Sken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,025
Local Time: 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasin73 View Post
I can't exactly recall where I have seen a picture of Bono and Edge this year recording a song or some songs and there was clearly the mention of MUCH MORE BETTER. Probably some instagram or twitter image.
This report is dated August 2017:
Report: new U2 album coming on December 1st | KSHE 95

Dave Fanning reviewed five of the new songs featured on the upcoming Songs From Experience:

"You're The Best Thing About Me": "Sounds like the Edge has been replaced by Chic genius Nile Rogers. A pulsating tune for late summer."

"The Little Things That Give You Away": "Thousands fled Croker when U2 played this unknown track as an encore. You should have stayed for this piano-led tune. Edge’s guitar makes this a U2 classic."

"Much More Better": "Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014."

"The Showman": "Bono channels The Beatles circa their Rubber Soul era in a song he stresses is about other singers. I love the lyrics: 'The showman give you front row to his heart / The shaman prays that his heartache will chart / Making a spectacle of falling apart is the heart of the show.'"

"Summer Of Love": "U2 always had real tunes. Bono described this as 'achingly beautiful and empty.' I agree."
__________________
Sken is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 09:55 PM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 55,865
Local Time: 09:51 PM
Clearly U2 are putting out a song called Much More Better because their level of intelligence has gone down.
__________________
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 09-22-2017, 09:55 PM   #43
Refugee
 
hasin73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangladesh.
Posts: 1,234
Local Time: 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sken View Post
This report is dated August 2017:
Report: new U2 album coming on December 1st | KSHE 95

Dave Fanning reviewed five of the new songs featured on the upcoming Songs From Experience:

"You're The Best Thing About Me": "Sounds like the Edge has been replaced by Chic genius Nile Rogers. A pulsating tune for late summer."

"The Little Things That Give You Away": "Thousands fled Croker when U2 played this unknown track as an encore. You should have stayed for this piano-led tune. Edge’s guitar makes this a U2 classic."

"Much More Better": "Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014."

"The Showman": "Bono channels The Beatles circa their Rubber Soul era in a song he stresses is about other singers. I love the lyrics: 'The showman give you front row to his heart / The shaman prays that his heartache will chart / Making a spectacle of falling apart is the heart of the show.'"

"Summer Of Love": "U2 always had real tunes. Bono described this as 'achingly beautiful and empty.' I agree."
Thank you, Sken.
__________________
hasin73 is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 09:56 PM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,954
Local Time: 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sken View Post
"Much More Better": "Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014."
Boom.

Of course, even if we have heard 12 song titles, one of them could wind up getting Mercy'ed or Crystal Ballroomed. Which would mean once again that one of the album's best tracks gets the boot.
__________________
lazarus is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 09:58 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,468
Local Time: 01:51 AM
I think Much More Better is a fantastic title compared to some of the other, exceedingly wordy titles we've heard.
__________________

__________________
The_acrobat is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com