SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Bonos song descriptions are more often misleading than accurate, I won't be surprised if The Showman is a Late Seventies Joy Division in Manchester type of tune rather than Fifties Beatles in Hamburg.

Red Flag Day was mentioned during the summer listening sessions? Hope it's on SOE. A song title without "way" , "away" or "love" in it is a good thing

"We’re also told the announcement in October may include an announcement of tour dates for the Experience and Innocence tour, expected to start in late March 2018"

omg omg omg

Australia better be included in that announcement.

"Lincoln's ghost says "get out of your own way".

Seriously Bono?

I have a feeling Lincoln's ghost might have other things to say first:

"Go back in time and warn myself not to go to the theater!"
"What is my face doing on the most worthless US currency?"

If Bono needs another "things" song title, he can have "Things Lincoln's Ghost Would Say".

Late March onwards pretty much rules out stadiums at least.

I honestly want stadiums, even though my fondness for a venue works in inverse proportion to its size. I'm no longer fanatical enough to go to the 4, 6, 8, however many shows they need to play in Melbourne or Sydney to meet demand, and I know that whichever two shows I attend will not have whatever special rarity the band have unearthed and play on just one night.

I left out Much More Better, and Landlady. Neither has been mentioned by band or legit press since Feb 2016 Mojo feature. Everything else has been mentioned in last 12 months

I can't exactly recall where I have seen a picture of Bono and Edge this year recording a song or some songs and there was clearly the mention of MUCH MORE BETTER. Probably some instagram or twitter image.

I can't exactly recall where I have seen a picture of Bono and Edge this year recording a song or some songs and there was clearly the mention of MUCH MORE BETTER. Probably some instagram or twitter image.

This report is dated August 2017:
Report: new U2 album coming on December 1st | KSHE 95

Dave Fanning reviewed five of the new songs featured on the upcoming Songs From Experience:

"You're The Best Thing About Me": "Sounds like the Edge has been replaced by Chic genius Nile Rogers. A pulsating tune for late summer."

"The Little Things That Give You Away": "Thousands fled Croker when U2 played this unknown track as an encore. You should have stayed for this piano-led tune. Edge’s guitar makes this a U2 classic."

"Much More Better": "Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014."

"The Showman": "Bono channels The Beatles circa their Rubber Soul era in a song he stresses is about other singers. I love the lyrics: 'The showman give you front row to his heart / The shaman prays that his heartache will chart / Making a spectacle of falling apart is the heart of the show.'"

"Summer Of Love": "U2 always had real tunes. Bono described this as 'achingly beautiful and empty.' I agree."

Dave Fanning reviewed five of the new songs featured on the upcoming Songs From Experience:

"You're The Best Thing About Me": "Sounds like the Edge has been replaced by Chic genius Nile Rogers. A pulsating tune for late summer."

"The Little Things That Give You Away": "Thousands fled Croker when U2 played this unknown track as an encore. You should have stayed for this piano-led tune. Edge’s guitar makes this a U2 classic."

"Much More Better": "Back on your bike Bono. I’m moved by this deeply-personal acoustic track about Bono’s recovery from his bike tumble in New York’s Central Park in 2014."

"The Showman": "Bono channels The Beatles circa their Rubber Soul era in a song he stresses is about other singers. I love the lyrics: 'The showman give you front row to his heart / The shaman prays that his heartache will chart / Making a spectacle of falling apart is the heart of the show.'"

"Summer Of Love": "U2 always had real tunes. Bono described this as 'achingly beautiful and empty.' I agree."

Thank you, Sken.

Boom.

Of course, even if we have heard 12 song titles, one of them could wind up getting Mercy'ed or Crystal Ballroomed. Which would mean once again that one of the album's best tracks gets the boot.

I think Much More Better is a fantastic title compared to some of the other, exceedingly wordy titles we've heard.

I honestly want stadiums, even though my fondness for a venue works in inverse proportion to its size. I'm no longer fanatical enough to go to the 4, 6, 8, however many shows they need to play in Melbourne or Sydney to meet demand, and I know that whichever two shows I attend will not have whatever special rarity the band have unearthed and play on just one night.

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, stadium shows are what we are used to in Australia (for U2) but as I've never seen them in an arena I'm hoping for that experience. In terms of expense and time off work, fatigue from multiple shows etc, stadiums are much more convenient. I'm not optimistic that Australia will get anything next year, quite frankly. I hope I'm proven wrong.

This is the report Registered Dude has derided as BS.

And Dave Fanning is not the reviewer.

It's from the Irish Sun originally, and the article includes quotes from Fanning but the comments about the songs are just credited to "our man". Possibly that's the article author at the Sun. Or it is a way of avoiding having to identify anyone so they can pass off old comments from past reviews as new content.

I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, stadium shows are what we are used to in Australia (for U2) but as I've never seen them in an arena I'm hoping for that experience. In terms of expense and time off work, fatigue from multiple shows etc, stadiums are much more convenient. I'm not optimistic that Australia will get anything next year, quite frankly. I hope I'm proven wrong.
Yeah, couldn't have put it better. It'd be a nice problem to have either way.

It's from the Irish Sun originally, and the article includes quotes from Fanning but the comments about the songs are just credited to "our man". Possibly that's the article author at the Sun. Or it is a way of avoiding having to identify anyone so they can pass off old comments from past reviews as new content.
Bugger, I was really looking forward to hearing Much More Better.

Due to its title, it's kinda got a little cult following now, it would drive me nuts not hear it, despite whatever quality it ends up being.

No - this is the same bs article I called out before. It's not true, dude heard fuck all, except Little Things, like the rest of us. It's just recycled MOJO quotes

Oops, yes, thanks Ax.

Bugger, I was really looking forward to hearing Much More Better.

Due to its title, it's kinda got a little cult following now, it would drive me nuts not hear it, despite whatever quality it ends up being.
We still might! Though I'm hoping for at least one new surprise title

To the people that like the title "Much More Better", i'm sorry but you can't be serious??

It's hard to tell online whether people are joking or not, but if this title actually makes it onto the album, I am declaring Bono insane.

I like instrument flying. It makes me think of kite flying, except the kite is a piano held up by a piece of string.

I like a unique title. It's much more better than most if their recent titles which are way too long.

While I agree that they have many overly long recent titles that are awful, they are all still much more better than much more better, infact much more better will be their worst EVER title in my eyes if it becomes official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom