SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-29-2017, 03:29 PM   #151
The Fly
 
Maassie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 164
Local Time: 04:00 PM
The lights go down
__________________

__________________
Maassie is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #152
Acrobat
 
Iggy Fizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: A planet far, far away
Posts: 316
Local Time: 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
Nothing embarrassing? They filmed part of a music video in front of the Tribute in Light.
I got douchechills.
Attachment 11488
agreed, but TBH I thought the video was going to be even worse than it is... now it does indeed suck and is pretty embarrassing, but I am not a fan of videos at all so I am probably not a great judge...

and I am not surprised by all the adulation it's getting around here...
__________________

__________________
Iggy Fizz is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 04:29 AM   #153
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,889
Local Time: 03:00 PM
SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
agreed, but TBH I thought the video was going to be even worse than it is... now it does indeed suck and is pretty embarrassing, but I am not a fan of videos at all so I am probably not a great judge...



and I am not surprised by all the adulation it's getting around here...


Let's be honest u2 have never been great at videos have they.

I don't mind this one , shows the band as human beings having abit of fun and not egotistical rock stars which alot of people think they are

Compared to the awful videos of boots and miracle which looked like videos I could do myself on the computer, the best thing is loads better
__________________
rennowba is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 06:17 AM   #154
Acrobat
 
patternshirt170's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 357
Local Time: 03:00 PM
The Good and the interesting:

NYD
Pride
With Or Without You
Still Haven't Found..
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
The AB/Zooropa video era

The bad and the ugly? it's all subjective but....

Young man I was once in you shoes....
NFL Stuck
All Because Of Flatbeds
Windows 7 In the Skies
Get Offa Your Boots
The Miracle Of Adobe
__________________
patternshirt170 is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #155
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 272
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternshirt170 View Post
The Good and the interesting:

NYD
Pride
With Or Without You
Still Haven't Found..
Desire
Angel Of Harlem
All I Want Is You
The AB/Zooropa video era

The bad and the ugly? it's all subjective but....

Young man I was once in you shoes....
NFL Stuck
All Because Of Flatbeds
Windows 7 In the Skies
Get Offa Your Boots
The Miracle Of Adobe
I'd put Sweetest Thing, Miss Sarajevo, HMTMKMKM, and BD in the Best column, all memorable and perfectly fitting the style the band were in at the time, and their age. For that reason, you can go ahead and dump Discotheque and Tomb Raider Elevation in the Worst column for being pretty cringe worthy.
__________________
HansaTonImbiss is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #156
New Yorker
 
CosmoKramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,648
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansaTonImbiss View Post
I'd put Sweetest Thing, Miss Sarajevo, HMTMKMKM, and BD in the Best column, all memorable and perfectly fitting the style the band were in at the time, and their age. For that reason, you can go ahead and dump Discotheque and Tomb Raider Elevation in the Worst column for being pretty cringe worthy.


I liked Discotheque but agree on Elevation. I also think both Walk On vids were cool and I really like ABOY and SYCMIOYO.

Vertigo is dreadful, which is shocking given how popular the song was that you would think they would want a cool video to go along with it.
__________________
CosmoKramer is online now  
Old 09-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #157
The Fly
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 272
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
I liked Discotheque but agree on Elevation. I also think both Walk On vids were cool and I really like ABOY and SYCMIOYO.

Vertigo is dreadful, which is shocking given how popular the song was that you would think they would want a cool video to go along with it.
Yeah Vertigo was abhorrent. We also need to put the bizarre animation video for IGCIIDGCT--which is a total mirror opposite to what the song seems to be conveying--in the worst.

And Streets belongs in the Best column for all the reasons I think ABOY belongs in the worst. Streets was bold, creative, and a real statement. One day I was home sick from school and saw it on MTV five times in what felt like two hours. It was a star making video. But after Rage copied that recipe, and with how forced the reaction seemed to a mediocre song (I dislike 90% of Bomb, so I'm biased), I think ABOY was a dud for me. Stuck, however, is excellent.
__________________
HansaTonImbiss is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #158
Refugee
 
hasin73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangladesh.
Posts: 1,231
Local Time: 09:00 PM
IMHO.......
STUCK NFL video is very very good as is WITS video with band members' old photos. In fact, other WITS video with many other bands is also praiseworthy.
__________________
hasin73 is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #159
Refugee
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,934
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Last Night On Earth.

Best film clip ever. Period.
__________________
AndrewCowley is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #160
War Child
 
Jarvio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 636
Local Time: 03:00 PM
WGRYWH is a very poor video. It is my favourite ever U2 song, but the video does it no justice - just a very lazy compilation of live footage with a very exhausted bono infront of a white background. Cheap as hell, however, I suppose it was the 5th single from the album afterall... but it deserved better!
__________________
Jarvio is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,323
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennowba View Post
Let's be honest u2 have never been great at videos have they.


that's fucking absurd.

streets
still haven't found
the fly
ebttrt
one
lemon
numb
stay
hmtmkmkm
lnoe
discotheque

these are all classic music videos and i'm not even thinking of half their career here. i'm still forgetting some great ones i'm sure.
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 09-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #162
War Child
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 571
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
WGRYWH is a very poor video. It is my favourite ever U2 song, but the video does it no justice - just a very lazy compilation of live footage with a very exhausted bono infront of a white background. Cheap as hell, however, I suppose it was the 5th single from the album afterall... but it deserved better!


Not to pile on after people were ridiculously rude to you, but that video was my life when I was 15! My friends and I wore out the VHS rewinding it and watching constantly. The part when he drops the f bomb was amazing. I just watched it yesterday and I was 15 again. Lol!
__________________
FazeCraze is online now  
Old 09-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #163
New Yorker
 
CosmoKramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,648
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post


that's fucking absurd.

streets
still haven't found
the fly
ebttrt
one
lemon
numb
stay
hmtmkmkm
lnoe
discotheque

these are all classic music videos and i'm not even thinking of half their career here. i'm still forgetting some great ones i'm sure.


Beautiful Day might be their best....the airplane take off at the end is really cool and the airport shots are pretty cool too
__________________
CosmoKramer is online now  
Old 09-30-2017, 05:43 PM   #164
War Child
 
Jarvio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 636
Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazeCraze View Post
Not to pile on after people were ridiculously rude to you, but that video was my life when I was 15! My friends and I wore out the VHS rewinding it and watching constantly. The part when he drops the f bomb was amazing. I just watched it yesterday and I was 15 again. Lol!
Perfectly ok - you're discussing U2, nothing like the other thread where people were throwing insults at me. Disagreeing with opinions on U2 videos is fine.

I guess, in my case, I was dissapointed by the video. I fell in love with the song when I first heard AB back in the late 90's when I first became a U2 fan. Then I learned it was released as a single, so then I got excited at the prospect of seeing a video for it, only to find out it was more of a live-footage mashup.
__________________
Jarvio is offline  
Old 09-30-2017, 06:23 PM   #165
New Yorker
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,086
Local Time: 02:00 AM
I used to have a Saturday morning ritual where I'd watch the best of 90-00 dvd.
__________________

__________________
kabigon is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com