SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 09:15 AM
You're making a bigger deal out of my opinion than I am. I have no idea how long it's in the video and I definitely don't think they're trying to offend anyone. Using a memorial tribute as background scenery for a music video just strikes me as a dubious choice. It was intentional, not incidental. Like I said - kinda icky.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #137
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVaul View Post
You're making a bigger deal out of my opinion than I am. I have no idea how long it's in the video and I definitely don't think they're trying to offend anyone. Using a memorial tribute as background scenery for a music video just strikes me as a dubious choice. It was intentional, not incidental. Like I said - kinda icky.
I get your view. But after watching the full video, it seems like the band is celebrating the diversity, openness, liberty and freedom that America represents. The lights that shine, showing the country's resilience against adversity. Much more a celebration and showcasing of what makes America great in the eyes of so many around the world.
And now many of them seeing us as "walking away" from that...

Old 09-27-2017, 12:50 PM   #138
Refugee

Local Time: 09:15 AM
Sure and I agree it works fine in the context. Seeing the preview gave me some pause because the band has continually made boneheaded decisions.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #139
Acrobat

Another video, (perhaps the final part of a 30year trilogy?) in the spirit of Still Haven't Found and All Because Of You. It's a preferable visual statement to the slightly 1984esque pofaced post-rich asshole videos I've seen from other acts since January, so perhaps this "joy as an act of defiance" thing is not so bad then...

The timing and I don't mean political? there was a time not so long ago when your big artists had their music video and their song (plus other exciting formats) ready to go from the release date, whereas now there is this odd momentum sapping delay, where the song can essentially die a death on the chart and the video appears too late to really give it a second wind. Btw it's goofy and really rubbish in bits (the... selfies), but given what's "popular"? it's better fun than sepia Adele, Ed Sheeran gurning with his banjo on a barge and Sam Smith looking glum out on the winding windy moors...
Old 09-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternshirt170 View Post
Another video, (perhaps the final part of a 30year trilogy?) in the spirit of Still Haven't Found and All Because Of You. It's a preferable visual statement to the slightly 1984esque pofaced post-rich asshole videos I've seen from other acts since January, so perhaps this "joy as an act of defiance" thing is not so bad then...

The timing and I don't mean political? there was a time not so long ago when your big artists had their music video and their song (plus other exciting formats) ready to go from the release date, whereas now there is this odd momentum sapping delay, where the song can essentially die a death on the chart and the video appears too late to really give it a second wind. Btw it's goofy and really rubbish in bits (the... selfies), but given what's "popular"? it's better fun than sepia Adele, Ed Sheeran gurning with his banjo on a barge and Sam Smith looking glum out on the winding windy moors...
The song really isn't dying a death on the charts. It has stalled a bit on straight rock formats, but I'm kinda surprised it even got played on straight rock formats. But it is at number 2 on Hot Rock songs chart, their highest notch on that chart (The chart has only been around about 6 years)

It has increased daily on HotAC and Alt stations since release. I am thinking it will continue to grow on AC for a while. It definitely could have used another TV appearance in this time off before Mexico, but doesn't look like it.

I'm not pronouncing it out until spins start to stall on AC
Old 09-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #141
Refugee

SOE 28 - This is Meaningless. We're not getting anything newsworthy for a while

Love the video but as an American I really could use the break from people shoving American values down my throat. I know that's what's trendy and all but sheesh.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
Love the video but as an American I really could use the break from people shoving American values down my throat. I know that's what's trendy and all but sheesh.
Rest of the planet agrees with you wholeheartedly
Old 09-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #143
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:

All the cool kids are doing it...
Old 09-27-2017, 07:04 PM   #144
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:15 AM
As an outsider, it is kind of refreshing to have someone who isn’t American highlighting the positives, because all we see is the orange turd forcing us all to the to the brink of nuclear war.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #145
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
All the cool kids are doing it...

You ain't cool unless you pee your pants!
Old 09-27-2017, 10:48 PM   #146
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
As an outsider, it is kind of refreshing to have someone who isn’t American highlighting the positives, because all we see is the orange turd forcing us all to the to the brink of nuclear war.
Amen.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:13 PM   #147
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:15 AM
Quote:
You ain't cool unless you pee your pants!
Consider me Myles Davis
Old 09-28-2017, 01:55 AM   #148
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:15 AM
Old 09-28-2017, 03:30 AM   #149
The Fly

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Playboy Mansion tonight?
Old 09-29-2017, 03:15 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB