SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting.. Here's another appearance (possible performance?) by the band on Friday. Haven't heard anything about this before today.. Wonder if the band will do something live from the stage? They're in Minneapolis Friday at 8.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/timberlake-u2-and-hayek-join-super-school-live-tv-special/2017/09/07/a7162930-93cb-11e7-8482-8dc9a7af29f9_story.html?utm_term=.dbdb25b02543

LOS ANGELES — Justin Timberlake, U2, Cate Blanchett and Salma Hayek are joining an hour-long live television special about reinventing American high schools.

Organizers announced Thursday that Kelly Clarkson has also been added as a performer to the star-studded “EIF Presents: XQ Super School Live “ show. It will air simultaneously on all four major broadcast networks Friday at 8 p.m. Eastern and is tape-delayed on the West Coast.

More than five dozen celebrities including sports figures Marshawn Lynch and Chris Paul will appear on the show, which will be a mixture of live music, comedy sketches and documentary segments.

The special will highlight the efforts of the XQ Institute, which was co-founded by billionaire philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs and a former assistant education secretary in President Barack Obama’s administration.

Can we start a petition to get Bono to ditch the glasses, and tack on a haircut?

Like I said... Fallon worded it like that last night, so I was wondering!

I heard it too! & NBC put out this social graphic for tonight's show. I'm guessing just Bono & Edge are doing the interview and then the full band are performing?

21314767_10155617152009188_6372545284416063007_n.jpg

Yeah, seems like that's the way it's leaning now. I guess have two do the talking (and maybe a song on acoustic), then the full band doing a song together.

Damn wish I was uptown to see them! Interesting that two girls on Instagram called it a music video shoot. I'm guessing it had to do with Fallon's show though.

Originally Posted by dan_smee
We know of:
- Bike accident
- Back injury
- Glaucoma
- Airplane door falling off mid air

Wasn't Bono whisked away from his al fresco restaurant table in Nice as that fucking winner drove his truck through the crowds, killing dozens?
Ok, he was fine and safe but jaysus that would have a affected me.

Geez. This is quite a list of close calls when you look at them at one time. Gives me a new perspective of the end of Little Things.

I thought they had already filmed a video for best things? In Amsterdam with that good looking woman.

Prob for Fallon?

Stereogum seems to think so. They've already got jokey U2 song titles about pizza: Jimmy Fallon Is Going To Make U2 Sing About Pizza, Isn’t He - Stereogum

“With Or Without Anchovies”
“Pineapple (In The Name Of Love)”
“Stuck In A Meat Lover’s You Can’t Get Out Of”

I thought they had already filmed a video for best things? In Amsterdam with that good looking woman.

Maybe the video for TBT will be a combination of footage from various places? There's nothing to say only the Amsterdam footage will make up the video.

Stereogum seems to think so. They've already got jokey U2 song titles about pizza: Jimmy Fallon Is Going To Make U2 Sing About Pizza, Isn’t He - Stereogum

“With Or Without Anchovies”
“Pineapple (In The Name Of Love)”
“Stuck In A Meat Lover’s You Can’t Get Out Of”

Maybe the video for TBT will be a combination of footage from various places? There's nothing to say only the Amsterdam footage will make up the video.
Let's be honest, those puns are too high brow for Fallon.

I like Jimmy Fallon a lot more than Colbert but I completely understand anyone who thinks he is annoying.

So, I think we're going to hear more about the personal situation that's referred to, possibly in an upcoming Rolling Stone. There's rumors about what this is but until there's official word there's no sense repeating as it could be hurtful (and because it is just rumor).

If true, it explains why we didn't get SOE last year. Reasons beyond election / need for further tinkering, or anything else some (myself included) put forth at the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom