SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to believe the same man that wrote:

Carnival
The wheels fly and the colors spin
Through alcohol
Red wine that punctures the skin
Face to face
In a dry and water less place

can say "Love is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way" and not want to punch himself.

Beware of small men with big ideas like the top of a newborn baby's head , Yahweh.

Boring and forgettable. I'll still get the album though, but I'm not that excited for it.

I love how Bono said the album has a lot of fuck off songs and in the Dutch interview he says it's letters to his wife, daughters and sons, fans, and himself [emoji23]

I love how Bono said the album has a lot of fuck off songs and in the Dutch interview he says it's letters to his wife, daughters and sons, fans, and himself [emoji23]

"Daddy? Why don't we ever see you?"
"B? I love you - spend more time with us!"

"AWWW FUCK OFF"

Atu2 are claiming Album announcement won't happen until the end of October... :|
Maybe in line with the second single?

Bono has already announced it [emoji23] and surely it will be asked on Fallon tomorrow?, but the sensible thing is the second single, even if best thing only gains them a little bit of attention it needs momentum behind it otherwise all will be forgotten come December!

Well, the single artwork does say

'A Song of Experience'

I think they're mad to wait three months, but maybe the next single is the one that really gets people talking, and boosts the album.

It does seem like they have a plan this time around, though they had a plan with SOI but the bicycle accident threw it all off

Well...

They took 3 years instead of 5 to make a new album. We've heard three tracks and I think one of them is great and another one is good and the third is a bit of a mess but probably salvageable as a live song.

I just think they botched their chance at a radio hit, sadly.

(I know Best Thing is doing well on the iTunes charts... but I think their lead single was always going to make a bit of an initial splash).

This song is going to do well.

This will do well because it's poppy and catchy. The chorus has a hook that they haven't had since Vertigo or Beautiful Day. Non-U2 fans like this song.

Production isn't great. And no not all songs would have initial splash..

Well...

They took 3 years instead of 5 to make a new album. We've heard three tracks and I think one of them is great and another one is good and the third is a bit of a mess but probably salvageable as a live song.

I just think they botched their chance at a radio hit, sadly.

(I know Best Thing is doing well on the iTunes charts... but I think their lead single was always going to make a bit of an initial splash).

This will do well because it's poppy and catchy. The chorus has a hook that they haven't had since Vertigo or Beautiful Day. Non-U2 fans like this song.

Production isn't great. And no not all songs would have initial splash..

Well not all songs, but all lead U2 singles, yes. I mean Boots went Top 40 in the US in its first week simply because it was the new U2 song and then dropped out of the Hot 100 for good a few weeks later because it was trash.

My wife, who has somewhat of a love-hate relationship with U2, says it's a good song. Her exact words were "ridiculously catchy".

I gotta admit, I've come around to it. I was at work all day and could only listen to it on my phone in a distractible environment. Hearing it at home on proper speakers, at a loud volume really helps me. I like it. Don't love it, but it's way better than The Miracle or Boots. Probably just as catchy and radio friendly as Vertigo. The problem is that a group of mid 50s men are not going to appeal to enough young people to really make a difference in the pop charts, no matter how good or catchy/accessible a song is.

I like this song, but not as much as Blackout. I think Blackout is good enough to have been pushed as the 1st single, but whatever. I hope they play TBT in Indy this Sunday!

Atu2 are claiming Album announcement won't happen until the end of October... :|
Maybe in line with the second single?

Makes sense, we have a date, just release all the detail after TJT tour ends so they're 100% focused on new album promotion. They've been slowly teasing us since May and it's definitely been a balancing/juggling act since then. I think they've done it quite well.

Back
Top Bottom