SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would love it if the Kygo version has a music video and he promotes it as well. There's still the mystery woman with the lyrics on her back video not out there. Maybe it was for this version? Still think this song would be a lot bigger if this version was released as the proper single.

Last edited:
I would love it if the Kygo version has a music video and he promotes it as well. There's still the mystery woman with the lyrics on her back video not out there. Maybe it was for this version? Still think this song would be a lot bigger if this version was released as the proper single.

Would it not be bigger though just because kygo's name is attached to it. I haven't a clue who he is or what songs he has done. I know he gets played on the young hip stations that I'm to old for :)

I would and I wouldn't want them to release it. Having a remix released by a young hip dj scream abit of desperation for me, but then I do like the tune

Would it not be bigger though just because kygo's name is attached to it. I haven't a clue who he is or what songs he has done. I know he gets played on the young hip stations that I'm to old for :)

I would and I wouldn't want them to release it. Having a remix released by a young hip dj scream abit of desperation for me, but then I do like the tune

I'm of the opinion that the Kygo version is better than the single version. I had no clue who he is either. He has tunes on YouTube with Selena Gomez that has like 400 million views so for a relevancy factor (which most of us dread) having his name attached could help.

Never cared for the Kygo version, it does nothing for me. It still had that "a boy" line and it adds in a line about "fresh paint" that is reminiscent of the top of a new borns head or a sweet tooth.

I'm happy with the single mix.

Not saying that much when the only competition you're up against is random artist Q&As or live performances.

That's true, but the margin between The Blackout and second place was pretty huge. If they had just barely got more views than some Q&A I'd be a lot more "lol, this is nothing".

11 million views is not bad, and I think the song's phenomenal so hopefully those who listened liked it.

All I read on here is how the bomb is rubbish,no line is crap and soi is to polished. Loads of frustrated radiohead fans on here I think!

I still love them lots. I tried to "get" Radiohead but I just don't, sorry. Too pretentious or something.

I wonder. "They are perfect forever and always" fans are annoying, sure, but some people on here say things far nastier than anything I've read anywhere else.

I've always considered myself a pretty positive U2 fan. I can appreciate almost anything they do. They have been the soundtrack of my life for 22 years, and that's just the way it is. There are a handful of U2 songs I don't particularly care for (Boots, SUC, Miracle), but in general I can say I'm pretty happy with 95% of their output. Bomb hasn't aged well for me. I was underwhelmed with NLOTH at first, now I really enjoy it (besides Boots and SUC). I really liked SOI from the moment I first heard it, and I still really like it 3 years later. I also consider them to be one of the best live bands around.

I've liked them for 25 years. Aside from a few albums I've always had a few songs I didn't really care for. I still appreciate their drive.

SOI has become one of my favorite albums, right up there with their best (Achtung Baby will always be #1) and that actually surprised me. I had lost some faith after No Line even though I do like quite a few songs on it but SOI went a long way toward restoring the magic of U2 for me. Iris is one of the most touching and beautiful songs they've ever written and the Troubles is an incredible, moving and graceful closer. I even like the Miracle quite a lot! And the first few songs from SOE are very promising, especially the Little Things. So it's a great time to be a U2 fan for me.

Back
Top Bottom