SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps they need to add some words to that title:

"Love (Should) Be Bigger Than Anything In Its Way (But Isn't Always)"

I'm gonna pistol whip him the next time he says "America's not a country, it's an idea." Which will be tonight in KC.

Perhaps they need to add some words to that title:

"Love (Should) Be Bigger Than Anything In Its Way (But Isn't Always)"

"Love (Should) Be Bigger Than Anything In Its Way (But Isn't Always) (But In the Name of It, There Is No End to It)"

I mean, American audiences love a nice dose of patriotism. But Bono takes it to a downright cringeworthy level. It's like you could hear 45,000 people just thinking "BUT YOU'RE NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN!!!"

Maybe next tour I'll go see him in Canada so I don't have to listen to that shit. Bono had always gone off on tangents at his shows... hence the Simpsons joke "oh, here we go...". It got really bad during the Vertigo tour, then seemed to taper off for awhile. But the other night in Indy he was taking it to Vertigo levels, but with more USA ASS kissing.

What's also funny is that Larry is actually the only one in the band truly Irish. Bono edge and Adam all have English blood.

What's also funny is that Larry is actually the only one in the band truly Irish. Bono edge and Adam all have English blood.

Adam and his parents were all born in England, Edge was born in East London and his parents were Welsh, as far as I'm aware Bono is as Irish as Larry.

Adam and his parents were all born in England, Edge was born in East London and his parents were Welsh, as far as I'm aware Bono is as Irish as Larry.

I was looking at a family tree of Bono's one time and the person claimed he had a Scottish great-great grandfather or something or other. But obviously, that's still a ways back and 1/16th or less than who he is.

I assume a lot of those people are pretty intermingled anyway. Sean Connery, arguably the most famous Scot of them all, is a quarter Irish via his paternal grandfather.

I wonder if it's just the live version of The Blackout.

Do radio stations have a "better" quality recording of the live version of The Blackout?

Because if not .. rather not play it (the 60k compressed Facebook video version)

Bring on The Blackout studio version ... can't wait to hear it

It's interesting that the official Warner Music YT channel has The Blackout in shitty quality as well:

https://youtu.be/jKWVNNoNHgI

Last edited:

It would seem strange to release anything else to radio now, when they are only really getting started promoting TBT, especially in US. Let TBT ride for another week or so, then another single perhaps. If TBT is ever gonna do well on US radio it doesn't need to be cannibalised by one of its siblings! Even though I prefer Blackout :lol:

I personally think The Best Thing has to be out there until the end of the JT Tour...don't think they would release another song to radio unless the album is available for pre-order. My guess is The Blackout.

Do radio stations have a "better" quality recording of the live version of The Blackout?

Because if not .. rather not play it (the 60k compressed Facebook video version)

Bring on The Blackout studio version ... can't wait to hear it

It's interesting that the official Warner Music YT channel has The Blackout in shitty quality as well:

https://youtu.be/jKWVNNoNHgI

It's maybe just because it's not the official WM channel... :doh:

Last edited:
why are you so meeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaan to me. I am a good poster.... I'm a goood man

Nothing against you mate, sorry for being sarcastic ! Can't wait to hear the Black Out Studio version on the real Warner Youtube Channel !

Nothing against you mate, sorry for being sarcastic ! Can't wait to hear the Black Out Studio version on the real Warner Youtube Channel !

I think he was quoting a movie....a really....really bad movie(so bad it's a classic)

Back
Top Bottom