SOE- 27: And SOE it Begins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe it's just me but in general the band's body language during and after TBT on Fallon just gave me a feeling like they're not in love with this arrangement or something just seems a little off. Bono crossed his arms immediately after Fallon shook his hand. Adam was cracking smiles after Bullet but not one smile after TBT. Add in Edge's waffling back & forth during the interview about the album being done/ not done/ done I think was truly hesitation and not just for show.
Yeah, I noticed that, too; Bono barely moved during the performance.

No release date was given but Bono said that they will play some of the songs from the new album on the JT tour.

Sounds great, just hope it's still released this year, only seems to be bono who has confirmed December 1st

Maybe it's just me but in general the band's body language during and after TBT on Fallon just gave me a feeling like they're not in love with this arrangement or something just seems a little off. Bono crossed his arms immediately after Fallon shook his hand. Adam was cracking smiles after Bullet but not one smile after TBT. Add in Edge's waffling back & forth during the interview about the album being done/ not done/ done I think was truly hesitation and not just for show.

I would tread very lightly when talking about body language here ;]

Bono said it was ready, but Edge seemed non committal. Not sure if he was playing it up or just didn't want to reveal anything

Bono and Edge seem to have been playing this game recently in interviews and concerts. I feel December 1st is probably a go

I think the band / U2 mgmt made a terrible terrible mistake booking Fallon tonight of all nights to debut the lead single. Had they chosen Colbert also logistically wise being in NYC after the Buffalo show they would've gotten on much earlier & also gained the non-football Tv crowd. And then be at the tail end when people are tuned out or falling asleep. Giant headscratcher. I love these guys but for all the perfection they strive for this was not well thought out.
Live ratings are incredibly overrated... DVR streams count towards the overall numbers

Just watched the interview how can people say he is none commits? He said and I quote "it's coming out i swear, it's defiantly finished"

It's taped television... if the band were that upset with a take they could have filmed it a second time.

It's taped television... if the band were that upset with a take they could have filmed it a second time.

Glad you said it cause I was scratching my head thinking it wasn't live was it. Sure I've read they did bullet twice so like you say if they were unhappy with it they would have done it again

Ground shakes but the children can't weep
Vaporized in a single tweet
The emperor rises from his golden throne
Never knowing, never BEING known
The lights are on the presidents home
Oh my god I've never felt so alone
Outside its America

New lyrics to bullet

Ok so virgin radio are playing discotheque, wow What a tune this is/was.

Last edited:
Well here's to hoping we hear some other new songs on the rest of the tour since it appears December 1st is the earliest it seems we will hear it, if it's still this year! I find it odd that Adam and Larry weren't even out on the couch for the interview. Seems lately U2 is literally a metaphor for "you two" with Bono and Edge.

The vids are up on Youtube now. BTBS rocked and that's a bold choice - 5min+ song with the visuals and changed lyrics about what's going on in the world; sticking the middle finger up to Trump.

You're The Best Thing was good, they've clearly been rehearsing it, it was a very assured first full performance of the song I thought.

I didn't notice any negative body language, they just seemed to be their usual professional selves - I'm sure even they were a bit apprehensive before playing a new song live for the first time as we've seen that before.

Last edited:
What was with Edge's shirt too? I couldn't get a good view of it, other than Kim Jong Un and the American flag with some other stuff around it.

What was with Edge's shirt too? I couldn't get a good view of it, other than Kim Jong Un and the American flag with some other stuff around it.

I thought it was Martin Luther King Jr. with an American flag in a lightning bolt going down the middle

The comments under the TBT live video are all pretty positive ! That's great !

BTBS was great and intense, great move to play it and it was hard to adjust back into interview mode after that for sure. The only thing more intense would have been Exit. New song sounded great too! Can't wait for even more TV appearances hopefully in Nov/Dec.

Back
Top Bottom