Soe 26 - ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously though guys, if you think this is getting delayed you're dumb

no, we're not.

there's always a chance with this band. It seems unlikely, given what we now know, but it's not dumb to consider the possibility

that doesn't mean we should panic, because it IS unlikely

but until I see a release date, I'm not going to go all in

I tweeted to Edge that The Blackout was a meh song, now they're going back in the studio. Needs moar hitz

no, we're not.

there's always a chance with this band. It seems unlikely, given what we now know, but it's not dumb to consider the possibility

Would they really release a first single from t and delay it until next year though? I mean the single is still going ahead on Wednesday so why would they do that?

no, we're not.

If we hadn't gotten the Blackout and any reference of SoE, I'd agree. But this is a full-blown marketing effort for the new album. They waited three years, they weren't going to do this unless they were truly ready.

If we hadn't gotten the Blackout and any reference of SoE, I'd agree. But this is a full-blown marketing effort for the new album. They waited three years, they weren't going to do this unless they were truly ready.

It does concern me more because RD seems to have some sources and has been very positive about it all recently, but I do notice a change in him since Wednesday

Would they really release a first single from t and delay it until next year though? I mean the single is still going ahead on Wednesday so why would they do that?

I dont think they're actually going to delay releasing it.. but clearly, they've not finalized this record

let's keep our ear to the ground. if we hear more evidence of tinkering, be it recording/mixing, then we can panic :wink:

I'm still optimistic, but...

giphy.gif

@U2's Instagram has the producer's (Kelana Proehoeman) deleted video of the supposed remixing session with his full caption. It's up here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BYfTKDzHGO3/

Caption is:
2 days ago was just a normal fun and tiring day, I was mixing for Payung Teduh in the afternoon and at night had a recording session for Francis Karel. 2 shifts and when I thought the day was going to end, Steve Lillywhite messaged me for an emergency mixing and it HAD to be done as soon as possible. Turned out to be the U2 song we were mixing last year. They are FINALLY releasing it and wanted us to have another shot to mix this new recently recorded version. So i went back to Steve's house at 11 PM to start my 3rd shift of the day, half dead ??... And so we had to have this done by 9 AM-ish in the morning because it has to be approved and mastered. Mixing went till around 3AM, then we took a break while waiting for new files to be downloaded. After a few hours sleep, I woke up at 8 AM, continued the work and by 10-ish we were finally done. Turns out we were competing with a very good mixing engineer from London. This was a battle!!! Hahaha... ... and we won ??. So finally, at last ... the next U2 single 'You're The Best Thing About Me' which will be released on September 6 2017 has been mixed by Steve Lillywhite ... and me ?

#soundengineer #mixingengineer #producer #u2 #protools #stevelillywhite

I dont think they're actually going to delay releasing it.. but clearly, they've not finalized this record

let's keep our ear to the ground. if we hear more evidence of tinkering, be it recording/mixing, then we can panic :wink:

Fair point but again how would delaying an album make sense when the first single is being release Wednesday?

I know the band routinely do this but I'm more concerned with what's going on with the best thing remixes at the moment more so than pushing the album back. It's coming out this year.

The band has pulled big boners in the past. But it would be a big boner if they pulled out now. Since they are so close to completion.

The band has pulled big boners in the past. But it would be a big boner if they pulled out now. Since they are so close to completion.

Not just close to completion but the actual lead single coming on Wednesday

I know the band routinely do this but I'm more concerned with what's going on with the best thing remixes at the moment more so than pushing the album back.
Yup.
Classic second guessing

The now-scrapped mix was on the table for months..

folks.

The Blackout video released, still streaming heavily - good reception

TBT coming out Wednesday with completed artwork, obviously info sent to streaming sites already

Tour prep rumors happening

Yet we are somehow getting to delayed album because they didn't give us some more album info a couple days ago?

sigh

Yup.
Classic second guessing

The now-scrapped mix was on the table for months..

Maybe your assessment is accurate and they've fallen victim to their own over-achievers need for perfection, maybe. But it wouldn't be out of line to interpret the assistant mix engineer's statement a little differently ... if he is to be believed 100% as someone who knows the precise details of the band's final decision .. he said he was assisting Lillywhite with a mix of newly recorded tracks. That's not really scrapping a mix. That's a new mix, of newly recorded material.

Maybe the band did it for shits and giggles. To see what was possible. Maybe they lay all the final mixes on the table and pick the one they prefer. Maybe the one that was on the table for months is the one that gets mastered and released. Maybe the band over-explores all their options but it is way too soon to fault them for 'classic second guessing' as that seems like a derogatory dig at the band. Why go there just yet?

folks.

The Blackout video released, still streaming heavily - good reception

TBT coming out Wednesday with completed artwork, obviously info sent to streaming sites already

Tour prep rumors happening

Yet we are somehow getting to delayed album because they didn't give us some more album info a couple days ago?

sigh

It's not that they didn't give the info, the info was there and then they took it away

Maybe your assessment is accurate and they've fallen victim to their own over-achievers need for perfection, maybe. But it wouldn't be out of line to interpret the assistant mix engineer's statement a little differently ... if he is to be believed 100% as someone who knows the precise details of the band's final decision .. he said he was assisting Lillywhite with a mix of newly recorded tracks. That's not really scrapping a mix. That's a new mix, of newly recorded material.

Maybe the band did it for shits and giggles. To see what was possible. Maybe they lay all the final mixes on the table and pick the one they prefer. Maybe the one that was on the table for months is the one that gets mastered and released. Maybe the band over-explores all their options but it is way too soon to fault them for 'classic second guessing' as that seems like a derogatory dig at the band. Why go there just yet?
Fair point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom