Soe 26 - ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that I find the less poppy side of U2 to be more interesting than their poppy side, but if they are going to write a pop tune then I think they've done a damn good job with TBT. A soaring chorus with an instantly recognizable hook and a groovy verse, that's all you really need.

Also I think we will get one more after SoE, probably Songs of Ascent. Adam mentioned it by name not long ago and I trust Adam WAAAAAY more than basically anybody else in the band, especially when he was speaking to fans candidly.

SOE 26 - the burnout
SOE 26...what the fuck could go wrong...quick someone come up with a crazy theory!!!

:lol:

no, we're not.

there's always a chance with this band. It seems unlikely, given what we now know, but it's not dumb to consider the possibility

that doesn't mean we should panic, because it IS unlikely

but until I see a release date, I'm not going to go all in
tis possible...

hopefully less than probable! :lol:

suddenly thinks of Charlie Brown, Lucy and The football! :uhoh:

I'm not hating on TBT or U2 and I have not heard either TBT or Blackout in the version (presumably) that will be on the album. But from my limited perspective, and speaking just for myself, the blackout seems to be the better choice as first single. From what I have heard of TBT so far, its a catchy chorus, but its also pretty safe, and I think a song like the blackout is something that casual listeners may go: "Hey, have you heard the new U2 song, it ain't half bad for a buncha tax-dodgers."
Don't get me wrong, already TBT seems miles ahead of Boots and Miracle. Maybe their re- recorded version will prove me wrong. Just my 2 cents

If we didn't listen TBT previously, we would not even understand that any new song has been rehearsed...... the audio quality of that recording is that much poor !!! How can anyone debate over this ?!

I think almost as important as the song itself being good and well put together is that we get a really nice video for it. Something uplifting like for the Sweetest Thing; thought-out and not a "performance video".

I didn't like the SOI videos much. EBW was good, but I thought in moments it didn't fit too well with the song; same with SFS, a bit too drab. The Miracle... :|

I just wondered if kygo had played it again or this was just a clip from when he played it ages ago

Kygo played it again a few weeks ago in Ibiza, so maybe the remix will be released along with the new single on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom