Soe 26 - ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they not record at Hanover Quay anymore at all? I know there was talks of the "U2 Tower" a few years ago but I wasn't sure. I know SOI wasn't recorded there. Asking because my sister is in Dublin and rubbed it in by taking pics outside of Hanover Quay.

Do they not record at Hanover Quay anymore at all? I know there was talks of the "U2 Tower" a few years ago but I wasn't sure. I know SOI wasn't recorded there. Asking because my sister is in Dublin and rubbed it in by taking pics outside of Hanover Quay.

this August 07 article has an update on the Tower, the docklands development, and the U2 museum ... worth a read!

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/u2-museum-plans-enter-an-advanced-stage-1.3178797

Feeling pretty indifferent about "The Blackout." Honestly, though, that's an improvement over my reactions to their previous few singles.

Need to hear the studio version, a version apart from the video. Right now it's just giving me "Invisible" deja vu with the black & white and the crowd going apeshit for a song they've never heard before.

The Blackout is the best this band has sounded at trying to meld their 90's experimental/dance sound, with their organic guitar sound.

Lyrically and vocally I think you guys are overthinking it. Bono sounds great, and they lyrics are relevant to how Bono feels about what's going on in his world (and ours) today. It's not One, more in the lines of Elevation, but with a little more meaning.

It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's a solid effort...and I'm looking forward to hearing the studio version...and the rest of the album...:yes:

The Blackout is the best this band has sounded at trying to meld their 90's experimental/dance sound, with their organic guitar sound.

Lyrically and vocally I think you guys are overthinking it. Bono sounds great, and they lyrics are relevant to how Bono feels about what's going on in his world (and ours) today. It's not One, more in the lines of Elevation, but with a little more meaning.

It's not going to set the world on fire, but it's a solid effort...and I'm looking forward to hearing the studio version...and the rest of the album...:yes:
This

There is something to be said about not doing performance videos anymore. In almost forty years, there was only a small span when they were cool. Now they are not. They havent been for more than a decade. Plus everyone hates bono. Plus performance videos suck anyway, unless its a rarity in a band's catalogue or when you have vertigo-type visuals (maybe not even then).
They should just make good videos where they are largely absent. This is a young sounding track and does not do much for the acutely ageist society we live in when four dads are seen rocking out. They should just make Stan Lee type cameos and be happy with that.

Yeah, I agree. Not as much due to their age, but because they've done way too many over the last decade or so. There's only so many ways you can present the band playing together in a visually interesting way. I think the band should be in it but I agree that cameos are the way to go.

I love that they gave us a quasi-live track first... kind of makes it like we'll be hearing it for the first time again when we hear the studio release. Kind of a two for one, to me.

Have listened to the song a ton, and I love it. Initially thought it was missing a screeching guitar solo after the second chorus but now like what they do a lot after that second chorus. Love the chorus and the "Blackout..." part about 2/3rds of the way through the song is fantastic. I know it's not technically the first single, but it's a better song by far than Miracle, Boots, and Vertigo. Best album introduction since BD, in my opinion.

Geeeeez if the "kygo remix" version is the single to be released on Tuesday then Interference will have a meltdown. It would make sense that they would hedge their bets by releasing The Blackout as their "rock single" though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom