Soe 26 - ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this talk about a possible album delay coming from?

Didnt they just announce last week about making a announcment on the 6th?

Where is this talk about a possible album delay coming from?

Didnt they just announce last week about making a announcment on the 6th?

A hair-trigger reaction to the fact that the band edited their FB post and removed the part about album news next week. It's probably nothing. We've got a lead single on the way.

A hair-trigger reaction to the fact that the band edited their FB post and removed the part about album news next week. It's probably nothing. We've got a lead single on the way.

Yeah, it's still "the first single" from the new album Songs of Experience. If they pushed it to next year overnight for whatever reason they probably still wouldn't be pushing TBT out next week.

4.7m views now imo 5m by the time I wake up (uk time) this isn't shabby at all for U2 and if was promoted elsewhere as well as Facebook the number would obviously be much bigger, they must see promise from this surely? Plus the actual positive reaction to the song

also you jabronis... if they are going on tour in a couple of days and release a new single this week, doesn't it stand to reason that they would, y'know, rehearse said new single?

maybe they found something in playing it over the month of august that said, "hey, somebody hit the record button let's see how this sounds?"

you guys are all turkeys, except for those protecting this house.
[emoji176]

4.7m views now imo 5m by the time I wake up (uk time) this isn't shabby at all for U2 and if was promoted elsewhere as well as Facebook the number would obviously be much bigger, they must see promise from this surely? Plus the actual positive reaction to the song
You need to put the phone down and go for a walk.

Can't listen to the unforgettable fire on that thing anyway

7 mile run today with The Blackout on repeat. Good running song and it has me hooked.

Damn you guys really lost it today, lol.

I'm not worried. Maybe they are tweaking when they announce the album. Would be a bummer as it would make sense to have all the info come out next week, but you never know what's happening behind the scenes with these dates and decisions.

In other news, I think I'm liking Blackout even more the more I listen to it. The verses, pre-chorus, and build up to the final chorus are really damn good and honestly chart some new ground for the band. It's super exciting.

I would love to be the fly on the wall of their recording studio during the recording of their albums and during the decision making such as when to release, what tracks to use etc. I bet it would be epic to be there through the entire process. One has to wonder how many times they argue or fight about things that we never hear about. And wonder out of the four guys (not including producers etc), gets the most blame when shit goes south.

And my very reliable source is telling me they are not too happy with the final version of earth 2030 so they are re recording it and will probably delay the album! Trust me my source knows his shit!

My source is telling me they're trying to license Fresh and Furious for use in the next Fast and Furious movie, so we're going to have to wait for the new Fast and Furious movie to come out before we get SOE

Where are you guys getting the idea that Solar has been delayed?

Solar was delayed because of the solar eclipse! Bono felt he needed to rewrite some of the songs given the recent solar eclipse events! They better get it it out before the next American eclipse in 2024 or else the band members will be dead by the time they release solar! And they are having trouble on the song called "sky of blinding lights" they don't want to offend those who watched the eclipse without the eclipse glasses.

Last edited:
Parts of the blackout remind me of abc - the look of love

Especially given the sound quality. Loving the song, but the cheers are preventing the appreciation from going to another level

They really aren't that distracting.
I dont know what I am listening to then. I mean you can get a fair idea of the song... but its bot clean or crisp. And I dont mean the production. Just the live recording is terribly muffled at some points. Not saying that it will be a completely different listening experience without those elements, but it will be much improved.

You are all welcome to send me what you think is the best, cleanest version. I would be okay with that.[emoji4]

I really don't think that the issue is with the crowd noise; it's probably just the distortion that happens via the shitty Facebook Live video compression.

What are your thoughts now some time has passed?

Still the same really. Really enjoy it instrumentally. I doubt I'm ever going to rate present-day Bono that highly for either performance or lyrics but this is fine. I've listened to it about 5-6 times, not feeling the need to either rush into another listen or to avoid it. I do wish it was on Spotify so that I didn't have to make the effort to go to Facebook.

I dont know what I am listening to then. I mean you can get a fair idea of the song... but its bot clean or crisp. And I dont mean the production. Just the live recording is terribly muffled at some points. Not saying that it will be a completely different listening experience without those elements, but it will be much improved.

You are all welcome to send me what you think is the best, cleanest version. I would be okay with that.[emoji4]

:shrug:

I've only listened on Facebook. You can hear every instrument easily, and with the exception of a few short parts, the crowd noise is not at the front of the mix. Some posters here seem way too distracted by a bit of clapping.

I really don't think that the issue is with the crowd noise; it's probably just the distortion that happens via the shitty Facebook Live video compression.
That could well be the case. Its just not good quality. Like I said, a non U2 friend of mine just didnt even want to listen after hearing the first verse, saying that the quality sucks.

So what do we think?

1. The Blackout
2. You're The Best Thing About Me
11/12. The Little Things That Give You Away

Could be wrong of course but seems possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom