Soe 26 - ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, I didn't bring up Frozen. Of course Bono wasn't referring to Frozen.

My original point was that the final words to Invisible are more abstract and metaphorical when compared to Bono's first set of lyrics, which were more concrete and specific.

And this was the point of my original post (Bono - the guy who actually writes U2's lyrics - gave us insight into his process and no one here remembered that as Blackout was evaluated).

I did refer to Frozen because...well...the Interference police are always lurking and it's easy to out them. I'd love to just come on here and read a range of fan reactions without all the judgments and personal attacks.

Uh, I didn't bring up Frozen. Of course Bono wasn't referring to Frozen.

My original point was that the final words to Invisible are more abstract and metaphorical when compared to Bono's first set of lyrics, which were more concrete and specific.

The frozen lines are about his dad, not exactly that abstract.

The 'no them... us' lines are about joining a collective, joining the band, the audience.

The frozen lines are about his dad, not exactly that abstract.

Yeah, I know that. If you want to read my original post or watch the Making of Invisible video, I was referring to the original first verse Bono had written about going to London on a train. Thanks for playing the ever-present Interference contrarian though.

tumblr_mr1d6tG4Y21r3neteo3_500.gif

Yeah, I know that. If you want to read my original post or watch the Making of Invisible video, I was referring to the original first verse Bono had written about going to London on a train. Thanks for playing the ever-present Interference contrarian though.

No, I read that and have seen the video, I just didn't get your "scrub anything personal" and "too abstract" if you knew what those lines were about.

i've been meaning to say:

Blackout lyrics = 100% political and topical and very nicely done - i particularly love the bit about the "meteor promises it's not going to hurt" - gorgeous bit of personification and makes me smile... it's not the band singing about themselves as a band and referring to themselves as dinosaurs as suggested in here FFS - why do you guys have to be so blinking literal all the time? :lol:

the more i listen, the more i love the song :up:

i've been meaning to say:

Blackout lyrics = 100% political and topical and very nicely done - i particularly love the bit about the "meteor promises it's not going to hurt"

Isn't it .... "a meteor promises it's not gonna hit" ? Either way .. I like this line now better than on the first listens ...

I've always heard "hurt" too. No offence to anyone here, but I think sometimes Americans have trouble with some of the subtle Irish accent inflections.

I'm not sure any of you know this but I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for is actually based off of the 1985 movie The Goonies.

I'm not kidding, the whole song is about how The Fratellis put Sloth in chains and the Goonies had to search for One Eye Willys gold.

Yeah, I know.....mind blown...Joan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom