SOE 25 - The Freakout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing earth shattering but it's definitely surpassed my expectations. It has a genuine, unforced swagger that we haven't seen from them in a long time imo.

My first listen was after panicking because I closed my Facebook account and with a baby crying in my lap, so not a good first listen. Now I've heard it a couple times and I like it, specially the beginning and the soft ohhh ohhh ohh ohhhs. I want to be able to buy it or stream it today! Excited :hyper:

They could spend 20 years recording an album and there'd still be people who wouldn't be crazy about the songs. See also: Chinese Democracy.

Chinese Democracy is an absolute mess of an album with awful production zero direction and just loaded with awful songs. There's a few ok songs but the critics of CD are not just bitter jaded people longing for the good ol' days. The album for the most part sucks. Hard to compare.

Thanks everyone. Full lyrics:

A dinosaur wonders why it still walks the Earth, yeah
A meteor promises it's not gonna hurt, yeah
Earthquakes always happen when you're in bed, Fred
The house shakes
Maybe it was something I said, Ned

Go easy on me
Easy on me, brother
Go easy on me
Easy on me now

When the lights go out
Throw yourself about
The darkness where you learn to see
When the lights go out
Don't you ever doubt
The light that we can really be

Statues fall and democracy is flat on its back, Jack
We had it all, and what we had is not coming back, Zach
A big mouth says the people they don't want to be free, for free
A blackout is just an extinction event, we see

Go easy on me
Easy on me, brother
Go easy on me
Easy on me now

When the lights go out
Throw yourself about
The darkness where you learn to see
When the lights go out
Don't you ever doubt
The light that we can really be

When the lights go out
Oh, oh
When the lights go out
Oh, oh
When the lights go out

When the lights go out
Blackout, it's clear
Who you are will appear
Blackout, no fear
So glad that we are all still here

When the lights go out
Hmmm

Maybe it's a song about getting shit on after the Apple release.

It's nothing earth shattering but it's definitely surpassed my expectations. It has a genuine, unforced swagger that we haven't seen from them in a long time imo.

:up: There's such a groovy swagger to it in a natural way. I don't think anyone would quite expect a U2 song to sound like this and (I think) that's a good thing.

It's very fresh and modern sounding in a time where new rock doesn't really have much of a sonic identity.

And keep in mind everyone- this is just the tease for the album/lead single. I'm excited!

As I was listening to my U2 playlist before the live stream Pride came on and I thought to myself "wow, here is a band who released this song in 1984 and still have people in 2017 excited about a new release." Pretty remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom