SOE 25 - The Freakout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i recorded, and am listening back now. Gotta say. Great opening, LOVE the bass in before the chorus. Lyrically ok. But they fit and flow well in the song.
Definitely getting the Vertigo references, This thing really does rock.
The bridge is nice as well, and wow, i like that ramp up out of the bridge.
Also think this is one of the best uses of Bono doing an ooooohhh oh oh, ooooh, oh, oh oh.

overall it seems more organic than SOI material, and definitely a step up for me, above Invisible.

ok, finished. I love it, i really do.

I was one that was very non-plussed by Invisible when it came out. It has grown on me a bit. But this one I'm very happy with. So cool. Great tune!!!!

Much more satisfying experience waiting at my desk for this than it was 3 yrs ago when the payoff was The Miracle (Of Tim Cook).

now its time to go grab some lunch.

I hope the rawness is on the record. But the song feels a bit messy to me and not just production... that would be fine but the song itself can’t explain it

Love it after only one listen. Crowd noise has been put in intentionally so we don't actual have the studio version

This is not the lead single??why??

The kind of groove they achieve from 0:30-1:19 with the pounding drums, thumping bass and low-register Bono voice is phenomenal. Love it.

The first impression over all "I like it" . I really like the intro a lot. As I am on my 4th listen I am finding myself tap my feet and bob my head. I think for me will be a great addition.

My snap first impression is I love it. It's got grit and gloss. The rhythm section lays down a fantastic groove. As my friend Maddy said it's like if Achtung Baby and Atomic Bomb eras had a baby.

I'll need to listen more for actual lyrics, but nothing bad sticks out on first listen.

Begrudgingly liked it.

Didn't know it was going to be "live".

Single is coming out the day before my birthday, though :hyper:

Listening back I really wish Invisible had this kind of production and less of the washy synth bass + drumpads. It's so aggressive and full sounding.

That's definitely not U2 paint by numbers.

I believe big mouth they're speaking of is Trump.

Huge bass, catchy ass chorus.

Need to have a release without the damn crowd noise but I'm digging this a lot. Looks like they learned the lesson of leaving Crystal Ballroom off the last album.

Nice to hear your thoughts. I totally agree. I love TCB, and they took the groove of a song like that and just killed it with the bass, and guitar definitely was much more raw than we have heard in a long time. Listen to 1:40 to 1:55, and hear that squacking scratching Edge guitar in there. Not something we got on SOI.

The verse and bridge i think is where this song shines.
Also the intro and coming out of the bridge to final chorus is brilliant.

So happy Bono gives the verses some breathing room. Bass & guitar sound great and that intro will throw arenas/stadiums in a frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom