Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm guessing album announced tomorrow, Blackout released as surprise single to build interest, but TBT will be released on the 8th as the main lead single.

Why would they announce the album tomorrow ?
Where does these rumors come from ?

Can't wait!

U2 Valenica (ugh) ... they had something going on with 29th of August 2017, they wrote about The Blackout release some days ago.... that is just wishful thinking, but something tells me that this time they are right.

I guess tomorrow we will get The Blackout.

But think of it that way: It turns out to be a really great powerful song, but it "does not fit on SOE". We get it as a special one-off treatment... and then, The Best Thing comes and we go like "okayyyy, well...."

But I don't mind... I'd be more than happy if we get Blackout ..

Concerned about fans conflating guesses about maybe getting The Blackout before 8 September, then all of a sudden we are definitely hearing it tomorrow...

Concerned about fans conflating guesses about maybe getting The Blackout before 8 September, then all of a sudden we are definitely hearing it tomorrow...

Well this thinking is also supported by Registered Dude's info about something happening within the next day or two.

U2 sending this stuff 2 weeks early doesn't make sense.

Oh, you know, mysterious letters mailed to U2.com members, and emails sent out to U2.com attendees of the video shoot for "The Blackout" saying something is happening soon...that sort of thing...:shifty:

How do we know those letters and emails are legit? I asked yesterday but no one responded. It's a lot easier to fake this stuff now than it was back in 2000 when I joined this place. These were on such a small scale I have to doubt a record company would ever market like that for a band like U2.

How do we know those letters and emails are legit? I asked yesterday but no one responded. It's a lot easier to fake this stuff now than it was back in 2000 when I joined this place. These were on such a small scale I have to doubt a record company would ever market like that for a band like U2.

Can you outline a scenario in which the letters were fake? Who created them and how did they get the mailing addresses for U2 fans scattered around the country? Or do you think those fans were 'in on it'?

First they hack our election now U2.com? Those Russians are devilish bastards.

My prediction is that tomorrow this place will have a meltdown! It will either have a meltdown because A. Nothing happens and all those of us who were sure something was happening are going to be very mad/dissapointed or B. There will actually be a song out tomorrow and this place will explode! Tomorrow is going to be fun either way!

The Russians hacked U2.com to start the Songs of Experience promotion so that The Edge would have no choice but to sign off on the album. They did us a favor, really.

Can you outline a scenario in which the letters were fake? Who created them and how did they get the mailing addresses for U2 fans scattered around the country? Or do you think those fans were 'in on it'?

I have no idea. According to that map on U2songs(?), a total of 30 letters were sent. That's too small an effort for any music corporation (what, are they going to have a person in the office randomly select 30 fan club members, in the US only, and send a letter to those fans, knowing in advance they are likely to post something guerilla marketing-style; what if none of those people were Twitter users? what if none of those fans thought to tell a fan site about their letters? noone would know! It's like the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket contest noone knows is happening). Same for the email...they really just sent it to 150 people? What would be the point of that for a world-class band like U2?

If the letters aren't legit, U2.com got hacked. I got one. It was sent to my work which is mailing address on U2.com. I don't know anyone in the fan communities that would even know me to send me a fake letter much less know to send it to my work and not home address.

I have no idea. According to that map on U2songs(?), a total of 30 letters were sent. That's too small an effort for any music corporation (what, are they going to have a person in the office randomly select 30 fan club members, in the US only, and send a letter to those fans, knowing in advance they are likely to post something guerilla marketing-style; what if none of those people were Twitter users? what if none of those fans thought to tell a fan site about their letters? noone would know! It's like the Willy Wonka Golden Ticket contest noone knows is happening). Same for the email...they really just sent it to 150 people? What would be the point of that for a world-class band like U2?

Correct me if I am wrong but I'm under the impression that it was a lot more than 30 letters sent. Just go to Facebook and look for u2 SOE, I saw a number of posts there alone about people receiving the letter.

It just takes a few in today's social media market. If everyone got one it wouldn't be special or have any air of mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom